The Quality Lead coordinates activities of & provides coaching & guidance to workers in the quality team. The Lead Associate works alongside & with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. The Lead Associate receives direction from the Quality Supervisor & carries out instructions based on given directive. The Lead is responsible for following & enforcing all safety, GMP & SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies, in cooperation with the supervisor.
Available Shift: Saturday-Tuesday / 6:45am-5:30pm
Starting pay rate of $23.00/hr.
- Respectfully communicate with all co-workers. Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee instructions to provide advice on how to properly perform their task (i.e. how to check the kitbox to ensure that correct ingredients are included)
- Respectfully support & follow direction from all managers & supervisors about line product integrity
- Work to continuously improve in all areas. Ensure all actions better the business of HelloFresh & do not break any company policies
- Coach all employees to follow HelloFresh policies & procedures
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Quality Assurance Supervisor and/or Manager
- Completes tasks as directed with minimum supervision
- Occasionally required to inspect ingredients using tools such as food scales, measuring spoons & cups, etc., as needed.
- Observe Kitting Lines to ensure best quality ingredients are being used.
- Verify set up for Kitting Lines is being done correctly at the beginning of the shift.
- Check staged ingredients for Kitting lines for any quality concerns.
- Maintain accurate inventory & insure product rotation procedures are being followed, follow FIFO & notify Supervisor of any inaccuracies immediately.
- Follow FIFO to ensure the oldest product has a disposition before using newer dates & obtain approval for any discard or donation from Supervisor immediately.
- Monitor & Identify storage areas for products daily to ensure product is being stored in the right temperature chambers.
- Communicate to the Warehouse Supervisor if any product is being stored incorrectly & follow through to insure the ingredient will be moved.
- Communicate with the Production team for any needed knowledge or training regarding Quality issues or concerns.
- Follow up on any major concerns being brought up from other Quality associates about ingredient issues or concerns.
- Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Natural Leader: proven ability to influence & mentor others through positive & direct communication
- Results-driven: recognizes & resolves situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, & pave the way for efficiency
- Analytical: numbers & data are your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action & pave the way for efficiency
- Strategic: youre a critical thinker who uses logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, & present approaches to solve complex problems while thinking in terms of contingency plans
- Customer-focused: you understand the importance of customer experience & are able to achieve excellence in delivering the planned customer outcomes with the highest level of customer care & customer satisfaction
- High school diploma or GED with 1+ years of related experience
- Understanding of food manufacturing quality processes
- SQF, HACCP knowledge; food safety/quality certifications a plus (ASQ, SQF, AIB etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) & Google apps (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, etc.)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years old due to OSHA
- Must be able to read, write & speak English
- Must be willing & able to work entire schedule as we cannot accommodate partial shifts or early/late arrivals
- Must be able to count & have basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division & fractions)
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing & assembly environment & is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10 - 40). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts & vibration. The noise level in the work environment & job sites can be loud.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach & lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to handle objects and/or tools. The employee is required to talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee must regularly lift & move up to 25 pounds, & occasionally lift & move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision & peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days & hours of work are varied according to shift. There are occasions where overtime is required based upon operational needs. The Quality Lead is expected to work the hours it takes to finish assignments each day.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.