Planner - BARK Retail
New York/ Columbus/ Seattle/ Remote - Full Time
WHO ARE WE?
The Planning Team is responsible for forecasting demand & managing the inventory across all BARK business lines. We're obsessed with results, data, process & finding solutions. We work very broadly across virtually all functional groups, including product development, sourcing, finance, product & engineering, growth & logistics. We need curious, data-focused people who are spreadsheet nerds & love dogs above all else. #carrots4lyfe (this will make more sense to you if you meet Jeffrey).
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
We are currently looking for a detail oriented, dog-loving Planner to support our growing Retail business. The ideal candidate for this role will be a creative problem solver, master of inventory, & of course, dog-obsessed. This role will help us plan & forecast to ensure we have the right inventory for our customers needs. The right candidate will enjoy learning about our unique & growing business & proactively tackling any challenges of scaling new business initiatives in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
- Demand forecast: Collaborate with Sales & external Planning counterparts to forecast Seasonal & Evergreen revenue opportunities, leaning into data-driven insights to maximize sales & growth of Retail accounts.
- Inventory management: Plan & maintain appropriate inventory levels to balance individual customer strategies & broader retail merchandising initiatives, with warehouse capacity & operations capabilities.
- Performance & profitability: Together with Planning Director, maintain rolling revenue forecast & analyze year-to-date performance against corporate budget & stretch goals for the business.
- Work cross-functionally with Retail counterparts on operations, sales, merchandising, marketing, purchasing & logistics teams to execute business strategies
- Ad hoc reporting as needed.
- 3+ years of supply chain planning & analytics experience required, experience with manufacturing operations is a plus.
- Experience & comfort working with & analyzing large data sets.
- Experience working in a Retail environment preferred.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Expert in Excel & system-savvy
- Detail-oriented with strong time management & problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator across internal teams & external teams, not afraid to push back & follow up
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize data to understand business trends & provide forward-thinking insight.
- Proactive thinker with a scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit
- Must love dogs!
This position is a full-time position. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.