Designer / Social Media Designer
Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 425 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com/en-us, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk & www.refinery29.de for more information & to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
You have commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power & realize their infinite potential.
Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 425 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life.
Check out our creative teams work here: http://www.creative.r29.com/
Role & Responsibilities
- Function as primary designer on assigned projects managing the design from Kickoff meetings through conception, execution & delivery.
- Work on various types of projects, including: social content (branded & editorial) editorial content, branded content, branding projects, & experiential.
- Collaborate with Art Director & execute excellent designs that translate the attitude & value of the R29 brand across all lines of business. Demonstrating ability to take direction & constructive criticism.
- Work enthusiastically, respectfully & collaboratively within the creative department as well as other departments within the company.
- Generate multiple design explorations & iterate designs to the satisfaction of lead. As well as work autonomously.
- Handle multiple assignments at the same time (including organizing & prioritizing workload & working efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven environment).
- Partner closely with social team to learn performance insights & iterate new concepts that are on brand while addressing learnings.
- Attend project kick-offs, brainstorms & conceptualize visual solutions that reflect Refinery29s mission of being the catalyst for women to see, feel & claim their power.
- Translate creative strategy into a visual language that supports Refinery29s mission & values. Possesses a commitment to nurture & embody inspiration & a desire to push the boundaries in design & maintain brand consistency throughout all projects.
- Present creative work with a strong ability to communicate your creative process, thoughts, ideas & connection to the brief.
- Stay current with contemporary design & technology trends
- Create reusable assets & templates to facilitate & reduce production times.
- Work with the design & photo team to create & evolve style guides that set the stage for R29.
- Manage & prioritize work effectively, & proactively escalate conflicts with workloads. Ensure that internal deadlines, timetables & approval procedures are adhered to for assigned project phases.
- Search for & develop a roster of social influencers who have a defined aesthetic & large following to collaborate with.
- Excellent Design skills, with a strong balance of identity, typography, layout, & illustration design skills & a high level of understanding of visual solutions for smaller portable screens.
- Experience designing social assets for lifestyle brands
- Strong aesthetic skills with an eye for colors, fonts & layouts
- Passion & knowledge of current design trends
- Open, positive & collaborative communication style
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Deep knowledge of & familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Products (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc., InDesign) (Keynote & Powerpoint familiarity is a plus).
- Strong desire to develop creatively & push the R29 visual brand forward
For consideration, you must submit your resume & link to your online portfolio. Applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered.