At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
This team is focused on urban transportation & removing congestion, read more here!
This newly created position is responsible for establishing the Supply Chain for key components & services supporting Lyfts emerging Bike & Scooters division. You will play a key role in helping to establish the strategy & to also drive execution activities on bringing our new products to market. Specifically, you will be instrumental in leading the supplier sourcing / selection activities & successfully manage key strategic supplier relationships including negotiating strategic agreements, component costing, & supply management. This role is dependent on integrating & working directly with key Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, & Product Development teams.
In this role, the successful candidate will focus on traditional strategic sourcing models including category analysis, short-term/long-term category planning, consolidation, supplier scorecards & vendor management. A strong understanding of one or more strategic sourcing models is desired but not required. Lyfts sourcing process includes multiple phases from building a category strategy, identifying specific sourcing opportunities, contract negotiations, purchase order issuance, & implementation. The process involves steps such as preparing global market research, price/cost analysis, "should cost" models, TCO, industry trends, commodity best practices & industry benchmarking to drive sourcing decisions.
In addition to the specific sourcing, procurement, & vendor management responsibilities, this position is expected to contribute to the maturity of the overall function. This includes creating & refining processes, tools & templates that can be applied to across all vendors & categories worldwide.
- Develop supply chain & commodity strategies ensuring supplier(s) are capable of meeting Lyfts current & future technical & business requirements
- Lead the identification, sourcing, & management of key component & manufacturing partners
- Establish supplier selection criteria, evaluate alternative suppliers, manage the RFQ process, & drive final supplier selection in partnership with Hardware Engineering
- Lead Total Cost Reduction program to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including product cost, transportation cost, inventory cost, & cost of quality
- Determine appropriate business splits between suppliers where appropriate
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements & competitive landscape
- Negotiate key strategic agreements with suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, & service terms
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement initiatives to ensure our commodity suppliers are proactively providing input into new product designs & future product roadmaps
- Provide right recommendation to management, & finalize/release contract/PO
- Travel periodically to suppliers manufacturing sites
- Other duties as needed
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of industry experience working in Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
- Has been a business owner for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal & external variables that impact category & our business
- Built & maintained (partnering) effective working relationship with assigned business area
- Independent self-starter with high degree of confidence & business acumen
- Solid team player; can work cooperatively & effectively in a team environment
- Strong consultative, analytical, & problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, & negotiation skills
- Self motivated, reliable, passionate, & can keep to deadlines
- Multiple category experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, finance, business administration or related discipline. MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- SPSM, CPSM, or CTPE Certification is a plus
- Experience with Coupa is a plus
- Experience with product lifecycle beginning with NPI. Knowledge of the various pre-production phases (EVT, DVT & PVT) is a plus
- Comfort with legal frameworks & contract negotiation (development, supply, licensing, & service agreements) is a plus
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.