Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, weve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital & helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why weve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
Were expanding our marketing team & are looking for a sharp, passionate & seasoned leader to join us. As VP of Growth Marketing, you will report to the Chief Marketing Officer & oversee the strategy, development & operation of the companys growth, paid acquisition & CRM teams.
The VP of Growth Marketing will help us maintain our 200% annual growth rate by driving both the strategy & execution of our top-of-funnel lead generation & customer lifecycle marketing. You will focus on: optimizing & expanding our channel mix, improving conversion & leveling up our forecasting, tracking & reporting. The role will oversee all efforts around paid marketing, targeting, ad tech & measurement with an eye toward building broader awareness & growth at industry-leading CPAs. This role will manage our marketing budget, media planning & buying -- including SEM (Adwords), paid social (Facebook, YouTube), podcast, TV, direct mail, & out of home.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a track record of scaling growth-stage businesses who is energized by working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. They are obsessed with keeping pace with the latest trends in growth marketing & are a seasoned leader who also excels at being a hands-on contributor.
- Inspire, develop & continue to build out our world-class acquisition & CRM teams by leading from the front & charting our course for robust & sustainable growth
- Lead our acquisition efforts & develop channel strategies to exceed monthly, quarterly, & annual targets with an eye toward cost-efficient growth & improving LTV:CAC
- Media planning & execution across our diverse marketing mix including paid search, social, display, audio (podcast, radio), TV, direct mail & out of home
- Partner with our content (SEO), product, partnerships & creative teams to identify new low-cost & unpaid channels to drive growth
- Lead our CRM efforts & help define our cross-channel lifecycle marketing strategy across products (life, home, auto, disability) leveraging email, SMS, direct mail & other channels to improve conversion throughout the funnel
- Optimize our channel mix & customer journey through rigorous testing & experimentation
- Work with our finance, business intelligence, & biz ops teams to optimize our attribution model & track, forecast & report on results to senior management & the board
- 10-15+ years of growth marketing experience managing multi-million dollar budgets
- Growth stage, digital-first, B2C experience
- 5-10+ years of management experience leading high-functioning teams
- Strong ability to recruit, grow & develop best-in-class marketing talent
- Exceptional analytical skills youre able to structure & process qualitative & quantitative data, formulate & test hypotheses, synthesize your findings & draw insightful conclusions that you can translate into results (bonus points for fluent use of Tableau and/or SQL)
- A strong problem-solving track record - youre able to think critically through unique problems with no set playbook & quickly implement a path to a solution, & you can toggle effortlessly between big picture strategy & in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving
- Entrepreneurial/self-starter: you can build something out of nothing & possess the ability to try different things with minimal oversight
- Operational understanding of the marketing teams contributions to the business P&L & sound fiscal judgment
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)