CommonBondis buildingavalues-driven, customer-centric financial services company.Our missionis tochangethe way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interestrates,a state-of-the art technology platform, andcaringcustomer service.We also are theonlyfinancial services companywitha 1-for-1 social program:For every loan funded, we fund the education ofa child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by, & the Forbes Fintech 50. Weare backed by great investors, have an awesome team, & are looking for our next great team member.
We are looking for a Risk Analyst to implementunderwriting & pricing models for various asset classes. The Risk Analysts day to day will consist ofmaintainingCommonBondsunderwriting & pricing models,implementingupdates & policy changes, & designing, running, & evaluating performance tests on our underwriting & pricing process. In addition tosupportingour underwriting platform, the Risk Analyst will run both periodic & unique portfolio metric evaluations. These responsibilities will require you to work closely with many teams across the business, particularly finance, capital markets, product development, & production roll out.
As Risk Analyst, you will:
- Assistin credit & pricing model construction, modification, & version control using proprietary credit platform
- Build test plans, create mock data & extensively test credit & pricing models to ensure they accurately reflect underwriting criteria & pricing strategy
- Maintainlibrary of credit & pricing models & work closely with technology group for integration in originations/underwriting work-flow
- Create andrundaily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reports on borrower application data for credit metrics such as forbearance, delinquencies, & defaults
- Create andrundaily/weekly/monthly/quarterly conversion reports that track pricing changes
Job Qualifications/ Experience Requirements:
- Be curious,open to learnand adapt quickly to changing needs of the organization
- Team player you will work with Product, Operations, & Technology to deliver
- Must have strong data modeling experience & or aptitude for using statistical software, such as Python
- Extremely detail oriented & organized - supreme ability to organize yourself & your tasks, & to manage your time
- 1 years of experienceworking in an analytical role (preferred)
- Bachelors degree & an objectively strong academic record
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.