Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy insurance online. Since 2014, weve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer inFintech & helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
Are you a people person? Do you like being on your toes in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? Do you care about making others days better? Were looking for an outstanding Executive Assistant & People Operations Coordinator to support our two co-founders & the VP of People, reporting into the Director of People Operations.
The People team is the anchor of Policygenius values & culture--and the EA & People Ops Coordinator will play an integral role in building & maintaining that foundation! This position will keep all of the Pg trains running on time with grace & ease. Were looking for someone who can navigate multiple competing, urgent priorities with seemingly effortless empathy & a no job too big or small attitude.
- Provide professional & confidential executive support to the Co-founders & VP of People
- Own heavy calendar management, resolve any conflicts in scheduling of appointments, & orchestrate meetings with employees & external contacts
- Problem-solve & make judgment calls on priorities based on other calendars, projects, customer meetings, stakeholders, interviews, etc.
- Become familiar with organizational policies & procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed
- Support the Co-founders with management of logistics for important events (e.g., board meetings, investor presentations, VIP partner visits, leadership team offsites)
- Manage & reconcile monthly expense reports on behalf of the Co-founders & VP of People
- Arrange business travel, including air & ground transportation, lodging, dining reservations
- Act as a gatekeeper & first point of contact for the co-founders & VP of People by screening emails/calls, inquiries, & requests--and managing or referring them as appropriate
- Assist with the set-up & administration of major People Ops cycles including performance & compensation review trainings, HR-specific survey administration, HR data-gathering, etc.
- Support the People Team on special projects & assist with administrative HR-related tasks.as needed
- 2+ years Executive/Admin Assistant experience in a fast-paced environment; bachelors degree preferred
- Relentless attention to detail & excellent time-management skills
- Unwavering trust, constant reliability, & a strong understanding of confidentiality, on both a business & personal level
- Outstanding written & oral communication skills to clearly & efficiently communicate with internal colleagues, as well as external partners, investors & customers
- An upbeat, positive attitude & a welcoming, calm demeanor
- Ability to adapt well to changing plans & priorities in an ever-evolving startup environment
- Experience managing several busy calendars & knowledge of Google GSuite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Mail)
- Drive to work independently with little direction, as well as collaboratively with many different colleagues
- Passion for Policygenius mission & product & excitement about growing with a fintech startup company
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)