All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note. This role reports directly to the Supply Chain Director.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
- Be responsible for building out accurate demand forecasting tools that will help drive service levels for our end customer
- Be responsible for inventory management across a wide selection of SKUs, including review DOI positions, purchase order generation, over-stock mitigation, new product planning, managing vendor communication & performance
- Have an in-depth understanding of safety stock, demand/supply volatility & service level goals
- Help build out & drive item level demand forecast models for large SKU counts
- Understand different forecast models & pro/cons associated with each
- Be able to measure forecast model accuracy using different methodologies
- Collaborate closely with our data science team to help improve model accuracy
- Collaborate with engineering to build out the replenishment-ERP demand planning module
- Partner with our tech teams to translate the demand forecasts into ERP-driven, accurate & reliable purchase orders
- Understand & utilize DMAIC methods to ensure reliability in our planning tools
- Be able to build out dashboard using SQL & clearly articulate/present on projects metrics
- Bachelors degree
- Education in statistical modeling, supply chain, forecasting tools
- 4+ years of experience in supply chain operations & demand planning
- 4+ years with hands on experience in inventory management & forecasting
- Have built our many different types of forecast models using different methodologies
- Have a proven track record to delivering high quality models with measurable impact on the business
- Have an understanding of Just In Time Logistics management
- Highly proficiency in excel, SQL & creating dashboards required
- Experience in leading process improvement projects, green/black belt certification preferred
- Self-starter, creative thinker & organized problem solver
- Great executive communication skills; clear, detailed & organized
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, highly-collaborative, entrepreneurial & high-energy environment that requires the ability to multi-task & implement high priority initiatives
- High attention to detail & the ability to audit her/his own work for accuracy & quality with minimal hand-holding
- Ability to efficiently plan, prioritize & manage numerous projects & tasks simultaneously
- Be able to handle large number of vendor communications & stay organized
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!