Brex is building the new global standard for financial services, starting with corporate cards. We are designing the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features & a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms & industry veterans, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, & were looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board. As a product manager, you will advocate for our customers & build new products to delight them. Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven & diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds.
Were looking at hiring our first few product managers, which means people with a strong sense for exceptional products, with a keen eye towards detail, & comfortable learning new technologies. Most importantly, you should be enthusiastic working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, & needs.
- Scope product requirements & roadmap to expand our product to new industries.
- Work with operations to address operational issues around card acceptance & fraud.
- Work with banking partners, compliance, & accounting teams to ensure our product meets legal expectations & is well integrated with other financial systems.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers & data scientists to lead product initiatives from inception to production.
- Understand & represent customers within Brex, driving decisions that are aligned with a world-class user experience.
What We Value:
- Strong past experience building products influenced by complex external constraints, & think creatively about how to circumvent limitations of third parties.
- Are passionate about engineering, design & accounting nuances, & how they stack up on building well-crafted financial products.
- A curious nature in understanding nuanced problems, using a variety of tools (e.g. SQL) at your disposal.
- Can work across the entire business stack & make an impact at different stages of the product: building vision & strategy, ensuring all the loose ends are tied up when executing, & making sure the go to market strategy aligns with the target audience.
- Have strong written & verbal communication skills, with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems.
- Obsess about continuous product improvement based on customer feedback & data.
Product at Brex:
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, & as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- Product is a highly collaborative initiative across multiple teams. Product managers are expected to understand & have product input, designing systems towards our long-term product vision.
- We believe in two equal track career growths between senior individual contributors & managers. We want people to contribute where they feel most impactful.
- We believe in small, accountable & autonomous teams of amazing people that are eager to learn, teach & constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership & accountability for what theyre building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other systems in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up & help us get to the truth faster.
Does Brex sound like home? We'd love to meet you! Please share with us details of what you've worked on & what matters to you (personally & from a technical standpoint). Don't worry too much about your resum. Be genuine, not official.