The ideal Administration & Reporting Technical Support Engineer is an articulate & seasoned technical specialist who understands & can appreciate the challenges organizations face in getting up & running with Okta. You have technical depth & a customer-first mentality, the motivation to take the initiative to own & resolve customer issues, & an interest in working in a dynamic, fast-growing, learning environment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
An Administration & Reporting engineer is the primary point of contact for all support related issues for Oktas enterprise customers. A successful engineer functions as the voice of the customer to ensure technical support & best practice guidance are provided within published SLAs.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including assisting new to Okta customers with initial ORG setting questions, troubleshooting, identification of issue root cause, & issue resolution.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses, & overall customer experience.
- Provide well-thought-out & reliable direction, both in technical & non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy, & configure their Okta tennant with a focus on ensuring maximum value realization for their organizations
- Serve as an internal & external point of contact on customer matters & ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Collect information & document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Function as a subject matter expert within support for functions within the admin & end user portal
- Contribute to & maintain repository of product area knowledge within support & promote a culture of team knowledge share & collaboration within the support team
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry-standard practices to come up with process improvements & new ways to delight customers.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network & impact on business
- 5+ years of customer support, technical support, system administration, or related customer-facing role
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline, or relevant professional experience.
- Familiarity with HTML & usage of the browser developer console in troubleshooting
- Understanding of group based permission structures
- Knowledge of Roles based security & Restrictive rule design
- Experience with system log aggregation tools such as Splunk
- Experience with hierarchical policy structures & their usage in system access control
- Cross-platform OS knowledge (Mac OS X, Windows (Server/Desktop), IOs & Android)
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent relationship management, customer service, & communication skills in a variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision & as a part of a team. Excellent analytical & organizational abilities. Ability to remain calm, composed, & articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
- Experience documenting customer issues via Salesforce or a similar CRM ticketing system
- Experience translating customer issues into engineering centric reports via JIRA or other bug reporting systems
- Prior experience providing support to large enterprise customers preferably with customer management interaction.
- Broad knowledge of, & experience in, fundamental information security concepts.
- Working knowledge of REST Apis & testing tools
- Understanding of Identity & Access Management protocols & technologies (SSO, SAML, OAuth, Radius, Federation, etc.)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.