Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldnt have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
These customers & pros come from all walks of life & every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers & pros.
About the Role
The Philippines is a strategically important operations base for Thumbtack & offers lots of optionalities & operational flexibility to the Company. The Project Manager will be involved in helping teams at Thumbtack leverage this base by scoping business requirements & working with stakeholders to implement new projects and/or mobilize teams in the Philippines. These options will serve different purposes & may be leveraged to fill domain/expertise gaps, provide business continuity, support or scale existing capabilities, & much more.
The role of the Project Manager will be to help operations teams at Thumbtack build new teams or operationalize new Lines of Business/Queues in the captive office by being the central point where the project is scoped, requirements are gathered, & implementation is managed. This process will involve coordinating with & aligning operations & operations enablement functions such as recruitment, HR, Ops planning, IT/Business Applications, Finance, & training to ensure that the project is successfully implemented.
Process & Change Management
The Project Manager will be responsible for creating, maintaining, & improving key processes such as Change Management, Business Continuity Plans, Special Projects Intake Process, & the Global Operating Model to align with the organizations strategies & OKRs.
- Captive office implementations
- Lead operational requirements gathering process for new project implementations; includes engaging with key project stakeholders
- Coordinate with key stakeholders & manage the successful delivery of projects
- Standardize & document project management SOPs for Thumbtack Philippines
- Overall relationship management (may manage multiple lines of business)
- Coordinator & project implementation manager for new projects (or changes in existing programs/SOW)
- Present monthly project status & reports to the Site Operations leader & General Manager.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- At least 2 years professional experience working in or closely around (project management, project implementation, analytics, enablement) operations in medium-large (200+ FTE) team environments
- At least 2 years of operations management experience in a BPO, Shared Services, or Captive environment
- Must be a highly adept project manager with experience handling small to medium-scale projects. Having global project management experience is highly preferred
- Good analytical skills & ability to collate & interpret financial & operational data
- Knowledge & experience handling CRM/Project Management tools such as Asana, Salesforce, Zendesk, Workday, & its equivalent.
- Experience handling global/international projects preferred
- Project management training or work experience highly preferred
- No specific educational requirement but college degree preferred
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live & work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto & Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.