The Principal System Reliability Owner will be responsible for management of ADPs Global Product & Technology (GPT) agenda on achieving a fundamentally better reliability posture. System Reliability Owners use engineering & development mindset to determine solutions that will ultimately improve the availability, performance, & security of the external facing software products & internal applications used by ADPs clients, partners & associates.
- Work with Major Incident Managers during & after the incident recovery life-cycle.
- Identify key priority initiatives to significantly improve reliability, both proactively & reactively.
- Provide leadership & direction to GPT System/Site Reliability Engineers & Software Engineers to define & implement sustainable & scalable solutions.
- Publish After Action Reviews which are timely & clearly understood by technical & business personnel, & include accurate root causes & concrete follow-up items with clear owners.
- Design & implement stability & reliability best practices & proactive solutions to potential issues by collaborating with GPT partners.
- Define, track, review & report on Service Level Objectives (SLOs), Service Level Indicators (SLIs), System Availability, & the progress & outcomes related to reliability initiatives.
- Mitigate further impact & risk to ADP & our clients.
- Understand & explain incident situations, recovery & plans to prevent recurrence to business stakeholder & clients.
- Summarize complex technical issues into concise recaps for ADP associates & client leaders.
- Assume an advisory role to ensure emergency changes adhere to a defined policy.
- Develop & maintain strong & effective working relationships with various internal & external stakeholders both in & outside of ADP.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Participate in special projects & performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans & objectives.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters & ensures effective achievement of objectives.
- Participates in development of methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for projects, programs, & people.
- Ensures budgets & schedules meet requirements. Acts as a lead within the team & is jointly accountable for coaching & mentoring with Manager of other team members.
- A minimum of 10+ years of software engineering and/or infrastructure experience.
- Mastery level knowledge of infrastructure & software engineering, agile methodology, & program/portfolio management
- Mastery understanding of cloud software, infrastructure, integration & operational ecosystems & product knowledge.
- Systematic problem solving approach. Consistently offers recommendations to technical teams based on historical events, personal experience & knowledge.
- Capable of decision making & Leadership without oversight.
Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.