BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits, & relationships. The Hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant & the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first & offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurants website. BentoBox is trusted & loved by over 6,000 restaurants worldwide including Union Square Hospitality Group, Eleven Madison Park, The Meatball Shop, Roses Luxury & more. Learn more at www.getbento.com.
As part of our Business Operations (BizOps) practice, this role is focused on identifying high-impact business opportunities for BentoBox, primarily leveraging quantitative analytics & grounded in qualitative research, with a focus on marketing. Responsibilities include a mix of reactive strategic support & proactive problem solving. This role will serve as the primary Strategy & Analytics business partner for the CMO, reports to the Head of Strategy & Analytics & will work closely with leaders from BizOps & across the company.
The right candidate will be able to operate in a fast-paced environment & add structure to ambiguity in order to create value. You know how to decompose a messy business problem into logical questions that can be answered with data. You can navigate a modern Business Intelligence (BI) stack & identify critical signals that need to be actioned quickly. You can think strategically, & yet have a meticulous eye for detail. You are comfortable working cross-functionally & building strong relationships to drive change & influence without authority.
- Cut through ambiguity to clearly define problems, structure analyses, synthesize key takeaways & get to a recommendation
- Leverage a data-driven approach that embraces both quantitative research & qualitative feedback from internal/external stakeholders to drive business outcomes
- Serve as primary analytics support for our Marketing organization
- Set the bar high within a Strategy & Analytics team charged with solving tough, complex problems for a growth-stage startup
- Manage cross-functional strategic projects from end-to-end, ensuring efforts are appropriately prioritized & using data to evaluate & enhance project efficacy
- Provide additional analytics support for our Sales & Success organization, as needed
- Flex & adapt as the organizations needs & priorities shift; be willing to play multiple roles to support project execution & enablement
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g. finance, economics, mathematics, engineering/computer science, or other relevant fields)
- Solid conceptual understanding of Marketing fundamentals & buyer journey (e.g. awareness, consideration, engagement, conversion)
- Demonstrated track record of creating business impact by leveraging quantitative analytics e.g. optimizing channel mix using multi-touch attribution models, redesigning packaging & pricing, developing likelihood-to-churn models
- Exceptional ability to add structure to ambiguous problems & logically structure a business case based on data-driven insights
- Experience working with complex data pipelines including data from multiple sources, especially those related to Marketing e.g. SFDC + Pardot + Google Analytics
- Versatile communication skills & executive presence, able to present complex quantitative conclusions simply to various audiences, from cross-functional meetings to company-all hands
- Humility & expertise enough to know when a given question cant be answered with data
- Masters degree in math, statistics, economics, data science or business (MBA) with a quantitative concentration e.g. business statistics, marketing analytics
- 2-5 years experience in growth-stage or mature tech company analytics / data science, particularly supporting a Marketing organization
- Willingness to learn a statistical programming language, particularly R or Python
- Interest in using more advanced analytical techniques (e.g. simulation, machine learning, causal inference), as well as the good judgement to know when simpler methods are appropriate
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance (medical, dental, & vision) - BentoBox covers 100% of healthcare premium costs
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance & disability plans
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities, including a yearly learning stipend
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox is committed to fostering, cultivating & preserving a culture of diversity, equity, & inclusion.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment & prohibits discrimination & harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.