ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
The SVP of Content is the right hand to the founders, executing their vision of the brand & bringing creative & operational leadership. This strategic senior management leader works across multiple channels, including email, video, social, audio, branded content & events, and supervises a staff of over 25. He/she/they also collaborates across the organization to help further business goals, & is the key stakeholder of these relationships as they relate to content.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Final responsibility for day-to-day management of all channels, ensuring a best-in-class content operation.
- Oversee all content team leads, including content operations, video, audio, social, branded content, etc.
- Oversee & maintain quality & consistency of voice & vision across all content channels, ensuring that all content is on brand & aligns with the mission.
- Oversee & maintain operational processes by instituting systems & procedures to ensure an efficient, streamlined editorial department that can successfully work cross functionally.
- Monitor analytics & foster a data-minded environment to ensure audience engagement & loyalty.
- Partner with marketing, sales, communications, product & tech teams as required to effectively create inventory for partners & value to the user experience.
- Determine & oversee cross-platform content strategy, along with founding team.
- Recruit, hire, develop, train & motivate staff.
- Help execute roadmap for strategic partnerships with organizations & people that advance the brands mission & impact.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 15 years of experience
- Strong digital experience
- Management track record of advocating for, developing & retaining talent
- News experience/critical judgment/ability to work in a changing news environment
- Experience running operations & providing strategic oversight
- Creative/Editorial leader paired with a business mind
- Strong news judgment combined with lifestyle sensibility
- Operational excellence; process orientation
- Ability to inspire staff to do great work
- Strong command & conviction, but pliable/flexible
- High emotional intelligence
- Confident, with ego checked at the door
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role ideally based in New York, NY, with some possibility of remote work.
We are partnering with Koller Search Partners on this role & ask that any interested applicants please reach out to both Karen Danziger & Whitney Sisler at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.