Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology? Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world? You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Earthport, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you'll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world's leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive.
Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks & payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX & payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within & outside of the office, & whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Earthport & Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Earthport as aCompliance Quality Assurance Officer, we want to hear from you.
You'rean individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays
What's it all about?
Earthport must monitor the effectiveness of the AML/CTF /ABC controls which ensure conformance with internal Policies, & the application of these controls by those performing them. The Quality Assurance Officer will use the 4-eyes principle in relation to counterparty due diligence, sanctions, transaction monitoring & Unusual Transaction Reporting/Unusual Activity Reporting.
Focus is on the following financial crime risks:
- Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF/Sanctions)
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC)
And on the associated monitoring & reporting obligations; including but not limited to:
- Suspicious activity identification, monitoring & reporting
What we expect of you, day to day.
The role of the QA officer is to ensure the application of controls within the compliance function are being performed with consistent rationales & justified analysis by those completing the task.
Quality Assurance is implemented to measure the comprehension of new team members & to maintain consistency amongst existing team members. Quality Assurance results can then be used to improve proficiency with training. Quality Assurance checks should also monitor the effectiveness of our screening controls in conjunction with the GCF policies & those performing them.
- Recording, analysing & distributing statistical information
- Maintain policy & procedure documentation relating to the role.
- Monitoring performance & consistencies across the function & feeding back to the Transaction Screening & Monitoring Manger
- Maintain documentation around rules management, including testing, changes & rationales.
- Determining training needs
- Acting as a catalyst for change & improvement in performance & quality
- Develop an understanding of Earthport business operations & payment processes. With a deeper understanding of the roles & responsibilities within the transaction management function.
- Provide subject matter expertise & coaching.
- Engage with relevant internal & external stakeholders, including other functions & departments, FIUs, law enforcement & regulators
- Identify & internally escalate actual or suspected financial crime incidents
- Keep up to date with compliance legislation & regulation, in particular, the EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive & the Second Payment Services Directive
What we're after
- Experience in a related environment (Payments & FX industry, compliance, regulation)
- Experience of coaching teams & individuals
- And/or related professional qualifications (e.g. graduate degree in law, International Compliance Association Certificates and/or Diplomas)
- Understanding of payments, FX and/or regulatory compliance
- Ability to research into compliance issues
- Strong communication skills, written & oral
- Experience in an FCA regulated payment or financial institution (PI or FI)
- Previous experience in financial/corporate sector payments, FX and/or compliance
- Understanding of IT systems, operational and/or product development payment processes, especially in e-Commerce environments for retail and/or corporate payments
- Able to identify & utilise learning opportunities
Your Personal Attributes
- Motivated to learn & able to identify & solve problems
- Able to work independently & efficiently to meet deadlines
- Courteous & friendly nature (team player)
- Recognises the importance of attention to detail (regulatory environment)
- Ability to follow a process driven task
- Confident presenting to key internal/external Stakeholders
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Earthport is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.