1stDibs.com is currently looking to add an Associate QA Engineer role to our currently 10+ strong QA team. This is a truly entry level position - none of that entry level, must have 2 years experience in a tool that only launched 6 months ago nonsense here.
The key responsibilities will be split between testing features for daily launch that impact our e-commerce platform, in addition to performing support functionality in those same areas - assisting those who deal with our end users face-to-face with reported bugs, performing analysis on reported issues & creating processes & documentation to help reduce frequently recurring reports.
As such the ideal person were looking for is someone with a keen interest in figuring out how things work & making them work better. Spent your childhood pulling things apart because you wanted to see what it did? Awesome. Frustrated at murder mystery shows because you figured out who did it at least an hour before the main characters did? Brilliant. Know when to use affect vs effect? Completely irrelevant, but impressive.
Its worth stressing again that were far more interested in a candidates enthusiasm & skill set rather than prior experience - so if youre looking for a way to get a career started this is a great way to go about it.
What youll do
- Develop test plans & testing strategies for various projects
- Work very closely with front-end & back-end engineers to understand the inner workings of a product
- Work with the Product team to clarify requirements & identify different use cases & usability concerns
- Track, report, & communicate bugs to various team members
What youll bring
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to plan & track testing progress & priorities on multiple teams/projects
- Excellent communication & diplomacy skills to work with technical & non-technical folks
- Passionate user with a strong understanding of products
- Willingness & desire to investigate & understand requirements, project risks, & bizarre bugs
- Strong technical acumen (preferably an educational background in CS)
Not requirements, but huge plus
- Comfortable working with SQL & databases for test set-up, troubleshooting & diagnostics
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.