Walmart,in an effort toensure the number 1 spot in retail & eCommerce, has & continues to make a commitment to innovation. We do this in two ways; through incubation & acquisitionofnew & innovative technology companies, adding new brands to our familyeach & everyyear. The goal here is to allow these brands to grow organically with the backing of the worlds largest retailer, to live by our motto of "Save Money, Live better. We are currently supporting brands including Bonobos,Jetblack, IRL, Franklin, Hayneedle, Art.com, Spatial&, Jet.com & many more. Weare located inNew York, the San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, Omaha, Los Angeles & Hoboken.
Heres some inside info from business insider on Walmart Brands:
What You'll Do
We need super smart engineers from all levels to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerceplatformin the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, & drive to continuously perfect & revolutionize our Walmart Family of brands from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general.
Youre a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have & can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends & colleagues to know whats happening in the world & staying in the know. You have a passion for Software engineering.You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change & you have these main skills:
What Youll Bring To The Team
- Minimum5+years ofprofessionalindustryexperience.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related field
- Proven industry experience with large scale distributed systems
- Solid experience with object-oriented and/or event driven systems
Even Better If Youve Done
- We love engineers experienced with rich & robust programming languages (Python, Scala, NodeJS, Ruby on Rails, Java Spring, Golang,etc)
- Understands the importance of operations in production systems (logging, telemetry, alerting etc.)
- Excellent communication & problem-solving skills
- Has ambition & vigor to add value to a rapidly growing development team