--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
About Sales at Dataminr:
In a fast moving world, there's nothing more important than having real-time information at your fingertips. Being part of the Sales team at Dataminr means you'll be at the forefront of the most cutting-edge AI technology, helping organizations react to business-critical events around the globe. You'll be an expert in this field & a trusted advisor to your clients.
As an Account Manager at Dataminr, you'll leverage your consultative skills to drive growth for the US News business. You'll be a key contributor in Dataminr's next phase of growth.
Along the way, we'll give you the tools to succeed: a competitive & uncapped compensation structure with incentives to overachieve, a strong sales training & methodology program, & the latest tools & resources in the market.
Who you are:
You're a highly-motivated sales professional with a proven track record of success in developing & maintaining long-standing customer relationships with clients in the news and/or media industries. You consistently meet & exceed revenue & quota objectives.
You have extensive experience being the bridge between complex software solutions & the newsrooms that need them. You're able to prepare sales proposals, forecasts & account planning while leveraging consultative skills to build long-term solutions for the news industry.
You understand the value of listening to your clients to discover their technical, business & timeline drivers. You're competitive, goal-oriented & driven - all you need is a product you're passionate about.
- Manage & develop a portfolio of media companies based in the US, Canada & Latin America with a focus on growth opportunities, upsell, & expansion
- Build & maintain strong & effective client relationships, & act as liaison & thought leader in the negotiating & closing of complex enterprise deals
- Be an expert on Dataminrs platform; deeply understand open-source & social media analytics
- Develop deep insights regarding customer use cases, internal decision making nuances, budget cycles & other key information necessary to close the sale & shape the success of this new vertical
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with senior strategic stakeholders to ensure business alignment & identify growth opportunities
- Provide regular & productive feedback loop to cross-functional teams (Product, Marketing) to enable continuous improvement of our products
- Work closely with customer success team to innovate & iterate on training & onboarding for new & existing users
- Be able to think & problem solve for newsrooms across media in a proactive format
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent work experience; preferably previous education or experience in journalism and/or media
- 5+ years of sales or account management experience, preferably in enterprise technology or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environments
- Track record of quota overachievement & ability to deliver consistently against targets
- Knowledge & understanding of social media & open source data & its impact on news & media organizations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment both independently & collaboratively within a team
- Superior communication & presentation skills
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
- Open to travel as required
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.