Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Director of Human Resources (Director - People) will be a key actor in developing & implementing Caspers people strategies, policies & initiatives. You will empower & enable an engaged & effective workforce poised to deliver Casper's success. A natural leader with exceptional judgement & integrity, you will act as an ambassador for People initiatives large & small. Our ideal candidate is thoughtful, empathetic, enthusiastic & a self-starter who can juggle multiple projects & wear multiple hats.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Key business partner to functional leaders on all things people & people operations.
- Organizational Design: Review current organization design & make recommendations to Chief People Officer & functional leaders regarding areas for change or evolution.
- Co-lead the Performance Management activity & provide Talent Development through coaching & guidance: develop high performer development plans with managers; address low performers
- Organizational effectiveness: assess & recommend realignment opportunities in view to best team & org structure 0-6 months; 12-18 months; how to migrate effectively, talent planning
- Recruitment - source, select & hire best talent for openings; working with leaders & managers
- Manage recruitment strategically factoring in Service Level Agreements, Diversity Equity & Inclusion, etc.
- Conduct onboarding focus groups & exit interviews, reviewing data quarterly for key themes & opportunities to impact how we work & employee experience; make recommendations for improvement.
- Employee Experience: participate regularly in employee experience activities & working groups (i.e. DEI, employee comms)
- Share & implement modern & relevant practices in areas of organizational effectiveness, recruiting & retention.
- Contribute to the development of People practices & policies such as global mobility, performance reviews, internal promotions, other workplace policies.
- Address & investigate employee relations matters through to resolution; develop communications & document findings & outcomes.
- Work across the organization & with the Head of Compensation & Benefits to develop compensation & benefits programs & processes that ensure market competitiveness, internal equity, process efficiency, & compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant government regulations, as applicable.
- Work with People counterparts in Total Rewards & Training on the annual compensation & bonus review process; creating & refining tools; managing rollups.
- Working with CPO, participate in the build/development of the broader People team
- Member of People Leads senior team.
- Develop own team, build capability & competency (team of 3).
- Be a brand ambassador & represent the Casper culture.
Our dream candidate has/is...
- Bachelors degree required
- 10+ years progressive Human Resources experience
- Commercial experience as a member of a People team with solid knowledge & experience, ideally in a multi-channel physical products company
- Experience in organization(s) that have experience hyper change & growth (leaders, structure)
- Strong generalist expertise (with a major in recruiting/talent & organizational design)
- Public company experience required
- Working knowledge of government regulations that apply to Human Resources (SHRM)
- Experience developing & delivering solutions to a Head of People, CEO, & Sr. Leaders; experience developing & delivering to a Board of private or public company, preferred
- Demonstrated strength in project management & planning, from idea to execution
- Hands-on & rolls up sleeves; comfortable teaching & developing others
- Able to distill & simplify complex scenarios both verbally & in writing
- Has successfully managed & developed a world-class team of direct reports
- Has intellectual curiosity; loves the People function & all its dimensions
- Able to flourish in a fast-paced, scrappy, decision-oriented culture that is building the car as they are driving it
- Great negotiator; professionally mature
- High energy, positive & optimistic; by nature, a why dont we. person
- Great listener
- Highly collaborative, yet also self-directed; anticipates & takes initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact, discretion & ethics
- Able to do light travel SF*
*In-office is not required until Jan 2021; once we are back in office, likely very flexible in office schedule.
**If business critical and/or Post COVID
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!