Because you belong at Twilio
The Why, Who, What & Where
Twilio is looking for a talented & experienced senior technical program management leader. You would build, manage & grow a world class TPM organization at the heart of Twilios Accounts Platform. As Accounts Platform focuses on delivering the mission of becoming a trusted platform enabling Twilios revenue growth, we will need a rigorous program management system that drives our core principles into the organization by ensuring that activities of all groups are aligned with high-level priorities. Reporting to the VP, Billing & Data, this senior leadership role is focused on driving the companys Billing Steering Committee & ensuring the processes are in place with mechanisms for how we manage prioritization, review status of input/output metrics & reduce the amount of human overhead involved in running the Accounts Platform business.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading teams focused on creating world class pricing & billing platforms. They also have:
- You have a track record of leading engineering, product & program management teams in software companies.
- You distill complex & ambiguous situations across multiple stakeholders into aligned priorities with actionable plans/measures for multiple teams. Focus on the customer & business outcomes.
- You have extensive experience in managing priorities/budgets/roadmaps to align sequencing of activities as well as providing decision making levers to the business.
- You have extensive expertise & knowledge of data systems.
- You are highly data driven in decision making & understand what makes good input & output metrics & the mechanisms to support them.
- You are passionate about engineering & product hygiene with operational excellence. You focus on quality through metrics-based defect tracking & pride in delivery.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent. You are able to articulate the why for a teams priorities & the customer impact.
- Proven track record of meeting business targets.
As a Senior Director, TPM - Accounts Platform, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE INCLUSIVE: Build & grow a team of passionate technical program managers with an understanding of engineering & systems. Provide support & guidance that enables the team to self-organize & to achieve sustained high velocity & predictability.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Help employees grow through career development, coaching, & mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. You'll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, & collaborate with employees on their objectives. Most of all, ensure employees are having fun with their work.
- BE AN OWNER: Own the Twilio Billing steering committee agenda, actions & input/output measures
- DON'T SETTLE: Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Be a leader of a critical part of Twilios senior leadership team & contribute to Twilios overall accounts platform strategy
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects, & Tech Leads to ensure the organization has clear direction & priorities related to performance metrics that track business performance.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting & motivating top talent
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in either a remote location in the continental U.S. or in one of our 3 offices at 375 Beale office in San Francisco, 399 W. El Camino Real in Mountain View or our Denver, Colorado office. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.