Index Exchange is looking for a DevOps Engineering Manager to join our growing team. This role will report to the Director of DevOps & lead 2-3 DevOps Engineering teams. Were looking for someone who has hands-on experience managing Engineering teams & knowledge/experience with relevant release & monitoring technologies. Over the next year we expect the DevOps team & the pipeline of projects they are working on to expand considerably, & we want the right leadership in place to help guide this growth. In this role you will promote a culture of innovation that shares technology effectively & responsibly; you will refine & embody a cross-functional DevOps mentality that works for all departments, encouraging knowledge transfer & professional growth.
Heres what we want:
- Leader: Your foremost responsibility is to manage & lead teams. We need someone who can inspire, motivate & make our Engineers better. Help them understand the 'why
- Technical: A strong foundation in development operations & experience in what its like to solve complex problems & build solutions for things like CI/CD, real-time monitoring, production issues, etc.
- Ownership: We want you to lead your team, celebrate successes & own thefailures. In this role youll identify & manage technical risks & opportunities, taking responsibility for the quality of technical deliverables
Heres what you have:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- 1-2 years as a direct manager of agile teams of at least 5-10 people
- DevOps tool kit including tech like Ansible, GitLab, Jenkins, Vagrant, Docker, Kafka, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, & Grafana as well as languages like Python, Bash, & Perl to create automation tools
- High-degree of comfort with both Linux, SQL & bare metal systems
- Knowledge of contemporary development practices, Agile methodologies & technologies is key
Why youll love working here:
- Work out of our Engineering HQ in Toronto
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication & collaboration
- Flexible hours & relaxed dress code
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) & milestone outings
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships & more
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing access & reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if youd like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email IX.AllHumanResources@indexexchange.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).