Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
You may have noticed that payments have become a very active area in the last several years. Given the strong demands & innovation, this will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is clearly a very strong leader in the payment industry, & is in a fast pace of technology transformation. For a payment system to work well, advance technologies such as data platform, big data, data mining, machine learning, cloud, etc. are critical. In VISA, we have all of these. The Data Platform (DP) Department is in the center for many of these technologies & development.
The Data Platform Department is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides an enriched ecosystem of data platform & data services that drive innovation for our partners & clients, within Visa & globally. Data is the most valuable asset in Visa. The Data Platform Department is dedicated to develop technology (e.g. Cloud, Machine Learning & Big Data), systems & services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, & easy to use, therefore enabling Visa the ability to use its data asset in an effective & timely manner to maximize technology/business development & differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry. The department maintains tens of petabytes of data supporting over 100 services for internal lines of business & external clients.
We are looking for a strong technical leader to be responsible for the teams of Multi-tenent Shared Large Scale Platforms. The team is responsible for developing, setting up, tuning, & maintaining large scale data platforms & offering them to Visa internal groups as services. The platforms include Visa specific data platforms, & open source platforms like Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Kafka, etc. commercial & open source database systems. The platforms need to be secure, reliable, efficient, & easy to use. To make this a reality, automation is critical. This position offers you the opportunity to be at the center of innovation in the payments industry & unleash the power of data through building a critical big data platform & powerful information services.
You will have demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow & retain high-caliber data talent at scale. Prior experience should include leadership for most important large scale data systems for analytic & operational use. Examples include real-time data collection systems, large scale data pipelines, warehousing, cloud technology like Hadoop & Spark, business intelligence, predictive analytics, & near real-time data systems.
We desire someone who has grown into an organizational leader after strong personal achievements as a hands-on system builder in the related areas. Demonstrated success in building partnerships with other technology functions such as operations, security, development, & data sciences is required.
You will be a high impact leader with a technology background & the ability to engage in high bandwidth conversations with business & technology leaders. S/he must be able to think broadly about Visa's business & articulate & drive business value of technology initiatives. You have demonstrated success in organizational transformations along dimensions such as deep partnerships & agile collaboration with business, fostering a culture that encourages innovation, agile product development process, location & technology migrations.
- Build, grow, & lead theLarge Scale Shared Platform team to develop & maintain end to end technical solutions while fostering innovation, using new technologies, & customer centered service mindset. Shape a highly performant Large Scale Shared Platform teamwith top talents.
- Develop strategies & roadmaps to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies in your area by partnering with other partners in DP & Visa. Foster innovation & bring to bear new technologies. Be mission driven & passionate about having a lasting impact by driving key initiatives
- Champion culture changes needed to recognize & lead data as a first-order business asset.
- Apply creative thinking/approach to resolve technical solutions that further business goals & align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind security, performance, reliability, scalability, usability, & flexibility.
- Instill methodologies for software development & service execution. Work towards engineering excellence including automation, quality, efficiency, & productivity. Automation & reliability are the key for providing scaled services effectively.
- Provide guidance to the team including architecture, design, & code reviews
- Project task prioritization, planning of projects & features, partner management & tracking of commitments
- Define success metrics & SLAs, as well as tracking them toward agreed target
- Manage multiple vectors of change such as technology migration, location rationalization, in-sourcing & process changes while ensuring business delivery
- Operational Excellence: monitoring & operation of production services including understanding user experience & ensuring happy customers through partnering with your product support team
- Contribute to building Visa's technology brand through internal & external initiatives
- Bachelor degree or higher in a technical field such as computer science & computer engineering
- 12+ years of industry experience in the big data and/or large scale data platform areas, including 5+ year experience managing & leading development teams in the Big Data & Web Technologies areas
- 5+ years of hands on software development experience
- Strong at architecture design of complex large scale systems/platforms.
- Strong experience in both software development & Hadoop system administration.
- Strong aspiration to learn & explore resilience features with Hadoop big data system, include HDFS, Yarn, Hive, Spark & etcrequired. Experience in the areas of machine learning, data mining, databases, data analysisaplus.
- Strong experience in dev/ops working model.
- Strong experience in system automation and/or offering platform as cloud based services.
- Experiences in Docker & cluster orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes, Mesos, and/or Docker Swarm etc.
- Validated experience leading the software development of highly available enterprise level applications & platforms as services.
- Background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data management, data analysis, query processing, distributed processing, high availability, statistical, data mining, machine learning & operational excellence of production systems
- Strong at technical goal setting for a project with actionable success metrics. Good knowledge & experience on measuring a service from a user experience angle
- Strong at identifying problems, solving complex problems with simple solutions
- Think strategically. See patterns & relationships in information & events; clarify & simplify complex information; anticipate trends & possibilities that may lead to new business opportunities; consistently think & act ahead of the curve; anticipate & effectively respond with urgency to immediate opportunities; executes plans vigorously & with flexibility; operate actively; identify & address long-term opportunities
- Ability to work in a complex organization to resolve business & customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- Ability to handle multiple contending priorities in an energizing environment
- Extraordinary collaboration & partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment & drive consensus in multi-functional teams.
- Excellent oral, written & presentation skills. In particular, a validated ability to effectively communicate technical & business issues & solutions to multiple organizational levels internally & externally.
- Strong customer centric mindset.
- Experience leading & working with geo-distributed team is a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.