Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 650 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members & employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
The Product Design team at Rent the Runway is changing the way women get dressed every day. We design site & app features for our members that bring them ongoing value, helping them create a personalized closet in the cloud, & inspires them to tell their stories & discover more about themselves through our burgeoning community.
About the Job:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our growing Design team. The ideal candidate is someone who is extremely passionate about developing design solutions driven by real customer data, & strives to turn these insights into best-in-class experiences across web & native app interfaces. You will not only have a mastery of interface design, but also think about design in systematic ways. You will work collaboratively with other UI & UX designers, marketing managers, product managers, engineers, & other key stakeholders & be a strategic partner to the Lead Product Designer.
Your work will help to inspire various teams across the organization by demonstrating what is possible before it is built. As the Senior Product Designer, you will execute elegant, intuitive designs that build on UX flows as well as advance product, creative, & business strategies. The ideal candidate is a resourceful self-starter with a passion for visual design, a deep interest in interactivity & front-end animation, a love of typography & composition, & previous experience using technology & user research to improve design solutions. Our designers are strategic thinkers & problem solvers who are always searching for ways to enhance the experience of using Rent the Runway. Finally, you are a strong listener to your creative & cross-functional peers, & a strong communicator both in terms of the concepts & designs you seek to push forward as well as the ways in which you are looking to do so.
What Youll Do:
- Apply conceptual thinking & creativity to complex design problems from conception to production for site, app, email & other marketing initiatives
- Create high-fidelity designs, demonstrating functional thinking, visual communication, & pixel perfect execution
- Manage & track asset handoff to product & engineers & production process for all designs
- Responsible for visual QA
- demonstrate brand consistency across all platforms & devices while also pushing the aesthetic to be as modern & elegant as possible
- Partner with other creative team members to unite the visual style consistency across the brand
- Thoughtfully & professionally communicate your design logic & rationale both internally with your creative peers as well as cross-functionally, to further your objectives in a collaborative & personable way
- Identify aspects of the site/app that can be improved & justify your perspective with data as well as industry best practices
- Execute innovative creative ideas to advance Rent the Runways brand vision
- Bring positive energy & freshness to your daily collaboration with the product, tech & marketing teams to execute digital projects across all platforms
- Exude the desire to be challenged & inspired by new ways of thinking
- Bachelors degree & a minimum of 7+ years of hands-on experience creating digital experiences
- Well organized, solutions-oriented, with a desire to work in pixel-perfect detail
- Love for typography, grid-based design, & design systems
- Understanding of the UX process & design principles
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative team player with an interest in learning & listening to others
- Ability to present & pitch user-focused solutions to stakeholders
- Self-motivated, resourceful, hardworking with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Fluency in Sketch & the Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to prototype in InVision, Principle, and/or Figma is a plus
- Foundational understanding of front end development as well as established & emerging web technologies
- Past experience working in e-commerce, fashion, and/or a startup a plus, but not required
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future