Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Corporate Counsel to join our Legal team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
As Senior Counsel, you will be a key member of the Legal team responsible for strategic transactions & M&A, debt transactions, reinsurance transactions, vendor contracting, & other corporate work. This position works with virtually every department at the company, spanning offices across the country.
Oscar is a dynamic, exciting & fast paced environment. You should be comfortable in an ever changing environment as we continue to grow!
- Responsible for legal strategy, drafting, advice & negotiation of a variety of complex strategic transactions, joint ventures, reinsurance transactions & financing transactions
- Work autonomously with Corporate Development, Finance, Actuarial & other business clients to solve complex business problems & drive Oscar's expansion & growth
- Advise internal business partners on the full lifecycle of of strategic transactions, from NDA, initial structuring & LOI phase, through due diligence, deal negotiation & integration
- Review, draft, edit & negotiate commercial agreements, including vendor agreements, NDAs, BAAs, & vendor agreements of all kinds
- Become a company resource for contract related questions & processes; the business can rely on you & your expertise, & guidance
- Help to develop, implement & continually improve company & team processes & procedures
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school & at least 5-7 years of relevant experience at a top tier law firm and/or in-house
- Experienced & sophisticated transactional attorney, with experience in a variety of complex M&A, joint venture, financing & equity transactions.
- Experience & understanding of corporate law, & contract drafting & interpretation
- Excellent critical thinking & analytical abilities, particularly in developing conceptual understanding of new topics for yourself & others
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership with strong work ethic & follow-through skills
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, both oral & written, with a proven ability to build strong interpersonal relationships & work cross-functionally
- Detail-oriented & dynamic team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in the healthcare industry or insurance industry
- Experience with startups
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.