Reddits mission is Bringing Community & Belonging to Everyone in the World & we do this by bringing over 52 million people together each day (DAU) through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, & create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Our International team is growing & we are looking for a Country Manager to lead Canada. You would be responsible for setting the overall strategic direction of the country, by working cross-functionally with other teams across Reddit dedicated to your country. This includes Consumer Product, Marketing, BD/Partnerships, Community, Sales, HR/Legal/Finance, & overall Operations. This role reports to Reddits Head of International.
- Manage P&L targets for Canada, by managing user (DAU), community (Active Communities, Moderation), & revenue outcomes to costs & investment.
- Work closely with consumer product to provide a local market perspective on content, community building, essential features, & prioritization of features.
- Manage a dotted lined cross functional team of Marketing, Comms, BD/Partnerships, Product Marketing, Community, Product Operations, & Sales. Also coordinate with global/central Product, Engineering, & G&A teams to achieve quarterly operational metrics across the country.
- Work with Legal & Policy to ensure Reddit executes against local safety & content policies balance Reddit values with local policies.
- Grow Reddits aided & unaided brand awareness, & brand relevance (e.g., Reddit is a brand for me) in local Canadian markets.
- Develop & execute strategy for how new Reddit products & experiences in the US will be brought to Canada.
- Develop & document a playbook for consumer growth & engagement.
- Represent the brand in Canada & be Reddits face for partners & local inquiries.
- Local Canada market leader with deep relationships, insights, & understands local zeitgeist, across content, product, monetization, & operations.
- Very comfortable with & having experience working & ultimately managing a dotted-line cross-functional team. You must be both humble & effective in recognizing when to push & pull teams you dont directly manage.
- 10+ years in digital media, with experience across entire ecosystem.
- Understands setting, adjusting, & executing a regular rhythm of business.
- Proven experience engaging with senior executives & leadership across the org.