At Appian, we're not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, & innovation; great people, great software! As a Product Manager, you'll be embedded on a small team of technical staff, interact with key business stakeholders, & own & prioritize the product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each & every iteration.
What is Appian? Appian is a low-code application platform that lets businesses build powerful cloud & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code. This position will be specifically focused on a backend sub-system that is responsible for the internal messaging infrastructure, data pipeline, & core services which power the Appian platform. This component of the software is not user-facing, but has strong implications on the scalability & reliability requirements that our customers expect.
This position is for you if you have experience with & a passion for the following: distributed messaging systems, high availability, dynamic scalability, & site reliability engineering.
What youll do: Prioritize, define, & ensure success of product features for the messaging & orchestration layer for the Appian services framework at the roadmap level as well as functional specifications for each feature at the sprint level.
- Prioritize what we should build & when by collaborating with stakeholders on product vision & strategy, while taking customer feedback into account.
- Share ideas & receive feedback from technical teams on new features.
- Define how those features will work through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions
- Manage the release & sprint backlog through planning, backlog grooming, execution, review, & release.
- Write detailed specification for the team & fellow product managers to review & provide feedback on.
- Ensure successful delivery of features to confirm the desired impact by tracking adoption/usage.
- Own features all the way through final documentation, go to market, prioritization of bugs & enhancements, & usage analysis.
- Help shepherd the team & department to a new model of continuous delivery of individual services from the current cadence-based release process.
- You understand the value of cutting edge infrastructure technologies like Kubernetes & are eager to help us use it to take our product to new heights.
- You have 2+ years of Product Management experience.
- Strategic thinker & problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, & execute in order to accomplish amazing things.
- Strong communication & collaboration skills; ability to draw clarity out of complex & ever-changing environments; ability to communicate the benefits & drawbacks of various technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated technical background; an engineer at heart with an innate desire to make an impact.
- Exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, & truly excited about building great back-end features & capabilities.
- Proven ability to translate broad customer requirements around scalability & availability into a technical feature set that can be delivered incrementally.
- Experience with distributed systems is preferred.
- Most importantly, passionate about software & cloud-native architecture!
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.