Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastlys edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, & reliably by processing, serving, & securing our customers applications as close to their end-users as possible at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, & to support agile software development. Fastlys customers include many of the worlds most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, & GitHub.
Were building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Market Development Representative
Fastly is looking for top-performing sales professionals who are passionate about an extraordinary work environment & are motivated to exceed expectations & advance their career in B2B software sales. Your efforts directly contribute to Fastlys top-line revenue growth. As a Market Development Representative, you are responsible for educating, nurturing & developing sales leads into qualified opportunities that will close & add to Fastlys growing customer base. You are focused on identifying opportunities & building relationships with prospects & leveraging your experience to make an impact.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of exceeding sales quota & metrics, loves the thrill of the hunt, & is capable of building & growing the pipeline of the business.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of something special. Come join us in building a better internet!
What You'll Do
- Consistently exceed monthly, quarterly & annual sales quota & be well-compensated for doing so.
- Drive Fastlys growth through inbound efforts, generating high quality leads that will turn into opportunities & closed business.
- Educate & develop leads that come through our inbound channels: phone calls, emails, support tickets, etc.
- Respond quickly to each inquiry & use Fastlys values to guide your responses.
- Be tenacious. Conduct value add follow-up calls & emails until meetings are set.
- Develop & maintain daily plans to maximize & leverage phone time, including pre-call planning, adhering to inbound hours & metrics, & customizing scripts to market segments & prospect type.
- Use Salesforce.com to track activity & update account/contact information.
- Leverage LinkedIn & any other media that could generate leads.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelors degree
- 1+ years of full-time corporate sales experience (software sales is a plus).
- Proven track record of exceeding measurable goals/ quotas.
- Consistent & proven track record of success qualifying new business.
- Understands customer requirements & identify business challenges that Fastly can solve.
- Consistently & repeatedly pick up the phone & call your customers.
- Not afraid to ask questions until a thorough understanding is achieved.
- Intellectually curious with a keen interest in customers & technology.
- Adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to proactively resolve problems in a timely manner; develop alternative solutions.
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. Youll be a good candidate if you have experience in SOME of these:
- Proven track record of success & thrive in metrics-driven sales culture.
- At the core you are curious & desire to meet a customers unarticulated & unmet needs.
- Demonstrate insatiable desire to learn & improve.
- Fearless attitude willing to take intelligent risks.
- Sense of urgency.
- Understand their customers industry/business/needs (key to both building trust with customers as well as understanding how to help solve their problems).
- Can get things done despite obstacles or challenges.
- Have a desire to work hard, exceed expectations & outperform their quotas.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastlys home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing & maintaining our inclusive & diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work & have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people & were not one size fits all. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans & animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, & more. We love employees for who they are & what they are passionate about.
Were always looking for humble, sharp, & creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity & to providing employees with a safe & welcoming work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.