Our mission is to connect the worlds photographers. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website & mobile apps to find, share, & get rewarded for the worlds most inspiring photography.
Duties & responsibilities will be commensurate with the position of a Director of Product, including the following:
- Responsible for all activities of the product management department, including mentoring, support & directly managing a team of 3 Product Managers
- Oversee & ensure that the functions of the Product Managers are efficiently & effectively executed
- Own the health of the existing product; identify & monitor critical business metrics daily & provide regular & accurate reporting to exec staff on product initiatives
- Develop the product roadmap for both the short & long term, collaborating with senior business executives to determine business priority
- Manage the overall product roadmap & feature prioritization & execution, maintaining & executing against the roadmap effectively & efficiently
- Use multivariate testing to prove or disprove product ideas & share insights with the team
- Establish & refine & framework for monitoring & measuring success metrics after any launches, incorporating feedback into the product development process
- Collaborate with other Product Line Directors, including engineering, marketing, design & business development departments, translating the product needs into requirements & to drive consensus across the departments
- Build an understanding & cultivate in the products vision, the business case, as well as compiling the product planning material necessary for driving product initiatives further with clarity & consensus
- Responsible for developing, defining, & overseeing the products roadmap & managing it as required for the purpose of meeting deliverables for the business, including incorporating the existing development backlog & makes priorities as determined by the business, consumer, & market needs
- Work intimately with the marketing department to develop marketing strategies, plans for product marketing initiatives & processes
- Conduct relevant product research; establishing competitive intelligence & various market analyses that supplement & compliments analyses already conducted by junior product managers; conducting consumer & market research that further aids the business in understanding current & future product needs\
- Represent the business & promote the product by advocating for its value & benefits at executive briefings, marketing events, online consumer platforms, etc.
- Develop reports, dashboards & key tools for tracking KPIs & critical product & business metrics; provide summary of status & tracking against established timelines & KPIs on a regular basis to key stakeholders across the business line & senior leadership team
- Identify any key issues or risks that impact the meeting of pre-established targets & propose & implement solutions & improvements
What the Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- 7+ years experience delivering highly successful & innovative technology products that you are proud of
- Demonstrated experience in managing both mobile & web products from end-to-end, from discovery to delivery to ongoing refinement & optimization
- Experience using lean startup & agile principles to develop product market fit
- Grit: when the need arises you are willing to work through messy details with your team to achieve success; you persevere when others fall away
- A bias towards action: the ability to cut through any issue, identify the salient points, & rally a team around addressing them
- High standards: for yourself, your work, & your colleagues
- Exceptional communication skills
- Track record balancing making decisions using data vs creative vision
- Experience with analytic tools & SQL an asset
- A love of photography
- Interesting technical challenges
- Competitive salaries; quarterly bonus structure
- Flexible hours
- Catered lunches, snacks & drinks
- Great health & dental benefits
- Professional development opportunities
Our Interview Process
- Phone screen: < 30 min conversation with a hiring manager.
- Case challenge
- In-person interviews: 3-5 hours at our office where you'll meet multiple members of our team.
We believe diverse teams perform better, & we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.