Ripple is looking for a Communications Manager to join our fast-growing communications team. In this role, you will work closely with the Senior Director of Communications for RippleX to lead the development & execution of product & developer communications; devise strategic PR plans; & work with business partners & cross-functional teams within Ripple. You are a compelling storyteller, strong writer & have a penchant for scrolling through Twitter (where crypto lives).
RippleXs mission is to inspire & enable developers to collectively build the Internet of Value (IoV) - which will enable the world to move value like information moves today. We contribute to open-source protocol development (e.g. the XRP Ledger) & innovations that accelerate the IoV. We also partner with enterprises & institutions to develop solutions that use the XRP Ledger, its native digital asset, XRP, & related technologies.
The ideal candidate is a skilled communications expert who has a successful track record of executing a wide range of product launches, partner announcements, & developer communications leveraging diverse channels with a focus on social media. Youll manage a set of executives & spokespeople in the crypto & blockchain spaces, & build narratives that these spokespeople can deliver during press interviews & at events.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Communications & partner closely with the RippleX Product, Engineering & Marketing teams. This person can be located in New York, NY or San Francisco, CA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead, develop & execute communications strategies that support RippleX business objectives, including in developer growth
- Partner with RippleXs marketing teams to build integrated marketing/communications plans for key initiatives, with an emphasis on social media
- Identify proactive opportunities for Ripple to participate in conversations relevant to its mission & goals, especially on Twitter & other social media channels
- Work with the RippleX leadership team to prepare for media interviews & speaking engagements, & elevate their thought leadership & social media profiles
- Maintain & build relationships with press, partners & influencers to drive positive awareness & coverage
- Manage agency relationships
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years experience of relevant communications experience (either in-house or agency) working in tech -- experience in crypto and/or developer-related fields a big plus
- Established relationships with media contacts & demonstrated success with media relations in top-tier tech, business & developer press
- Skilled at planning, prioritizing & executing in a fast-paced environment with keen attention to detail
- Adept at understanding complicated product & engineering concepts & communicating them back to external stakeholders & media, in simple, jargon-free language
- Ability to draft focused messaging & content for press-related materials like press releases, executive briefing documents, press kits, & blog posts
- Seeks opportunities to add value & contribute to the teams broader success
- Excellent at project management that requires collaborating with many contributors
- Passionate, hard-working, self-starter with a positive attitude
- Big Bonus: passion for crypto & the developer space
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies & make an impact
- Competitive salary & equity
- 100% paid medical & dental & 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement & weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, & coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights & more!