ACVs mission is to build & enable the most trusted & efficient digital marketplaces for buying & selling used vehicles with transparency & comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the worlds best people & the industrys best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit & rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACVs network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation & ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 & Data Services.
ACV is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who will be leading our Mobile Engineering Team. You will oversee a team of engineers supporting our iOS & Android applications on both mobile & tablet devices. The ideal candidate will have an engineering mindset while empowering our team to enhance our dealers experience through our application. This person will thrive in a fast-paced, agile development environment & provide hands-on leadership & coaching to a rapidly growing team.
What you will do:
- Manage & lead your reports & resources to execute on the ACV Auctions engineering vision. This includes constant recruiting, mentoring, & the development of individuals on your team.
- Resourceful with a proven track record of building mobile products.
- Manage & set the development practices of our Mobile Engineering team
- Manage, negotiate, & develop third-party vendor relationships alongside the VP of Engineering as they relate to tools, outsourcing, & consulting.
- Own, manage & execute the strategy, roadmap, & technical implementation of scalable services & product roll-outs.
- Conduct code reviews, contribute high-quality documentation & assist in the development of robust scalable applications.
- Own & drive KPIs critical to software quality which primarily includes increasing engineering confidence & release frequency to new levels.
What you will need:
- Minimum 7 years software engineering experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a leadership or senior engineering role with a focus on mobile development.
- Have worked as an integral member of the development team collaborating with product, engineering, & other business units by designing & developing highly scalable mobile applications on both Android and/or iOS.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (written & verbal), attention to detail, extreme organization, problem-solving & time management skills.
- Prior experience with at least two of Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective C, JS/React Native
- Advanced knowledge & experience with managing mobile CI/CD pipelines, testing, app store management, & related processes & tool.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each & every Teammate.
- Career development & Future Growth Opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed & empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance & understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal history.