Who We Are:
We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced HR leader to serve as a change agent in our B2B Media practice.
As the Associate Director of Human Resources you will mainly be responsible for advising senior leaders on aligning their organization & talent; developing & implementing forward-thinking strategy; strengthening new hire onboarding experiences; & finding new ways to build a diverse, equitable organization full of fulfilled, engaged employees.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate agility & flexibility in their approach, possessing the ability to diagnose complex issues, recommend solutions, & engage the appropriate resources to provide HR services that support business goals. In return well give you an amazing employee experience, with great benefits & perks, working with interesting, driven, smart people who drive hard for results.
What You Will Do:
- Become the trusted partner, credible activist & HR strategist to the VP, GM of Media.
- Consistently delivery strategic value by deeply understanding the business & using data driven decision-making to establish a set of people & organization solutions that will help enable the business in achieving the strategy & delivering results.
- Work with key leaders of the Media Leadership Team to maintain & develop TripAdvisors strong culture, driving a high level of engagement throughout the organization & ensure TripAdvisors core values are implemented throughout the organization.
- Consistently deliver strategic value to the business by decision making around people & organization, & provide proactive, data drive business solutions
- Build relationships & leverage HR partners in Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, Leadership & Organization Development, & other groups within the HR & across the broader TripAdvisor organization
- Work with senior leaders & their teams to lead long-term organization & workforce planning, helping the team scale the organizational structure to support a growing global business.
- Work in collaboration with TripAdvisors Global People Operations team to deploy enterprise-wide initiatives across the B2B Business.
- Partner, consult, & provide proactive solutions to senior executives on all talent & HR issues including retention, performance & communications.
- Drive an ongoing talent management process with continuity & clear accountabilities & action items resulting in strong succession plans for the organization & development plans for individuals.
- Partner with talent acquisition to drive the overall talent strategy to both support current hiring objectives, & anticipate the hiring needs of this dynamic business.
- Coach & mentor individuals throughout the global organization, with a focus on leadership development & coaching. Deliver appropriate coaching & development feedback to individuals & teams.
- Work closely with TripAdvisors Leadership & Organizational Development team to develop solutions that will enable development of our employees & the business.
- Manage complex employee relations matters demonstrating exceptional judgment & professionalism.
- Leverage technical expertise on a variety of topics including, but not limited to, compensation practices including salary & stock ranges, performance review processes, performance rating process & promotions.
What We Seek:
- 8+ years of global HR experience
- Experience leading large scale, global transformation initiatives
- Demonstrated project management/change management skills
- Strong employee relations skills
- Comfortable operating in a matrix & constantly changing environment
- Exceptional consulting, coaching & facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible & deal with ambiguity
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to have fun in a team setting
- BA/BS degree with emphasis in HR or equivalent
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following behaviors:
- A role model in regards to mutual respect, trust & candor.
- Energetic, passionate & engaging individual with great motivation & inspiration.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility & respect with confidence, maturity & professionalism.
- Intellectually curious with a deep interest to understand the business.
- Lifelong learner who grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths & weaknesses; seeks feedback; pursues self-development
- Strong analytical skills. Understands & utilizes metrics relevant to role.
- Identifies & analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant & irrelevant information.
- Influencer through clear communication with expression of facts & ideas in a clear, convincing & organized manner.
- Flexible & open-minded; adapts behavior & work methods accordingly.
- Resilient. Quickly recovers from setbacks & failures & moves forward.
- Exceptional judgment when making decisions & always considers the relevance/impact of each decision.
- Excellent prioritization, organization & execution skills.
- Exhibits integrity though fair & ethical behavior toward others & a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility & commitment.
- Accountable, reliable & dependable. Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate & timely manner & acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events & is able to move forward productively.