Localisation Manager (Spain)
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighbourhood a little more familiar. Whether its a handyman (or woman!), cleaner, moving helper or delivery person, were imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbours helping neighbours. Since then, our network has grown to three countries & 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we are creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, & fast-paced. Were looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded & data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - & have a ton of fun while theyre at it.
About the Job
One of the companys most important initiatives is expanding into international markets. In fact, our vision is to be in every market in the world where IKEA also has a presence. This is an exciting time to join our International team charged with ensuring the end to end user experience is seamless as we localise in new languages & countries.
Based in the London office, with travel to Spain, San Francisco & EU countries as needed.
- Manage localisation projects from beginning to end, working closely with language software, localisation engineers, product management & internal business partners.
- Develop project plans & workflows, managing time, budget, resources & quality control.
- Serve as our hands-on expert on Spanish language, culture & locations.
- Identify localisation & usability issues/opportunities on the Spanish version of the website & apps & work with Product Management & Engineering to prioritise potential solutions.
- Work cross-functionally to perform translation review & QA across the user experience from in the app & web product to other external communications.
- Perform market analysis & monitor local competitors on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of work experience, preferably in internet technologies, online marketing, localisation, or operations.
- Spanish native speaker, with work experience or education in Spain.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills & outstanding attention to detail.
- Extremely well organised & independent. Willing to wear multiple hats & proactively assume responsibilities & ownership.
- Experience working with colleagues in other time zones, & locations a plus.
Youll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, & kind leaders & teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The TaskRabbit Values
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present & partner with our team & communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity & go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbour. We build a diverse & sustainable community & encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship & inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team & leadership, & we strive to recruit & retain employees from all over the world.
- TaskRabbit offers a generous pension, medical insurance, a generous holiday allowance, learning & development opportunities, career development training, monthly TaskRabbit credit to use on the platform, IKEA discount, free in office lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, & a modern working space.