As an Associate Manager on our User Experience Team you will define & enforce development processes that prioritize creating a great user experience for our new features. You will ensure that Designers understand our users needs & are empowered to advocate on their behalf.
- Share thoughtful rationale regarding user, business & technical aspects for all design decisions
- Deliver comprehensive end to end solutions to all solutions (including ambiguous cases)
- Demonstrate capability to lead user research & usability research activities
- Collaborate with product managers & stakeholders to identify UX priorities in service of company goals. Recommend team staffing options to best support priorities.
- Develop practices & artifacts to standardize repeatable processes for new feature UX design & validation.
- Create & deliver UX education materials to promote usability best practices for engineers, consultants, partners, & customers.
- Personally support the efforts of one or more squads by providing UX consultations & reviews.
- Understand the user requirements & competitive landscape for new initiatives. Use research findings to inform feature designs.
- Provide expertise through design critiques & knowledge sharing to junior designers
- Promote the growth of the UX team by supporting one or more UX team initiatives
- Deliver timely & complete UX designs for assigned features on one or more squads.
- Manage the UX scope of assigned new feature initiation projects, working with stakeholders & POs to refine designs, concluding with presentation of feature vision mockups.
- Own the UX vision for specific initiatives within a tribe. Help define the long term roadmap, understand current gaps, & enforce consistency as new features are built.
- Formalize & document UX best practices for internal feature development & external usage of product capabilities.
- Manage up to 2 junior or experienced UX Designers.
- Provide career mentorship for direct reports.
- Lead by example in contributing to a culture of learning & growth
Preferred Experience Level: 5+ years of relevant UX experience
Education: Bachelor's in Human Computer Interaction or related field
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.