We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
The People team is the linchpin of Oscars values & culture--we bring, we build, we maintain, we strengthen. You will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees & management in designated business units & will accelerate the effectiveness of our super-talented team by owning and/or supporting the following areas: compensation, employee relations, policy design & implementation, compliance with federal & state requirements, People analytics & ad hoc special projects & initiatives.
About the Role:
We are hiring an Employee Relations Manager to support our west coast operations on our People Team. Oscar moves quickly. This team is expected to help meet the needs of our perpetually growing & changing business. We need you not only to be able to think analytically & strategically, but, just as important, to execute.. In this role you will serve as the main point for all things HR.
- Assist in the onboarding & offboarding processes -- background checks, i-9s, new hire connects, exit interviews.
- Serve as the HR connection through the employment lifecycle -- stay interviews, employee triage.
- Maintain compliance with federal & state employment law regulations
- Manage employee relation issues & collaborate with additional teams when needed-- EEOC, investigations, formal HR complaints.
- Create, evolve, maintain company policies & handbook
- Builds & fosters relationships with leaders at all levels while maintaining objectivity
- Add flair/creativity to the way we do HR. Always looking for ways to be more efficient, effective, & innovative!
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of employee relations experience
- You are excited by the challenges of working at a constantly evolving, high-growth
- You have excellent verbal & written communications with the ability to break down complicated topics into simple terms
- You are an eager collaborator that likes to problem solve & tackle issues systematically & head on
- Strong familiarity with government compliance regulations
- Working knowledge of HR best practices & protocols
- Strong attention to detail & the ability to deliver results in a timely manner
- Ability to manage competing deadlines & work well under pressure
- Exceptional interpersonal, problem-solving & organizational skills
- Familiarity & interest in analytics & metrics
- Experience at a rapidly scaling organization
- A no job too big or small ownership attitude
- HR certifications (i.e. SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP)
- Experience with Workday
- Supported tech companies or a call center environment
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.