About the Role
WeWork is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to work on a variety of projects throughout the People Systems Workday system: Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Recruiting, Core HCM, Performance, Time & Absence, etc. as well as other People Systems applications & systems outside of Workday. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of Workday & the ability to focus on one or more of the focal areas in People Systems including the ability to assess systems & business process impacts of new work & coordination with peers, project managers, & management on impacts to other WeWork systems or business processes. Additionally, the ideal candidate must thrive in fast-paced environments, be able to manage & work to bring clarity through ambiguity & complexity & support multiple projects simultaneously.
Business systems at WeWork is responsible for maintaining all HRIS (Workday) & Finance Technology (Workday) & many other ancillary systems used by the company. You will translate business, software & service requirements into technical specifications & partner with the Business Systems team, external vendors & functional stakeholders to develop & execute strategies to address business needs & to optimize business systems & processes.
- Balance multiple projects, services & projects at once & drive high velocity change.
- Represent Business Systems with key stakeholders in a variety of other teams.
- Keep Business Systems team members informed about payroll initiatives & projects.
- Partner with functional leads on the M&A team, Corp Tech, Finance, HR, & global teams to plan & execute tasks associated with Business Systems projects.
- Partner with business liaisons & technical teams to understand & define system integration goals & technical system integration requirements.
- Advocate for projects & functionality to align with the strategic plan & goals.
- Sell ideas or visions through storytelling. Influence & advise stakeholders at all levels & positions in the company. Deliver thorough, appropriate & timely communications. Clearly communicate complex technical subjects to business & technology stakeholders.
- Create technical specifications & processes using structured analysis & data modeling techniques (e.g. process flow diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams).
- Able to use visual techniques, both in diagrams & informally on the whiteboard, that make it easier to understand & reason with difficult problems.
- Participate in or may lead system & user acceptance testing efforts.
- Build standards, processes, procedures, & guidelines for business liaisons & software developers.
- Assist business liaisons to evaluate cost-benefit & ROI analyses.
- Understand system interdependencies & collaborate with project teams accordingly
- Assist in the development of detailed system requirements, test plans, & training materials.
- Strong at problem solving & able to design solutions that meet a range of sometimes conflicting requirements.
- Able to build strong personal relationships & trust.
- Able to facilitate disparate stakeholders & team members & drive consensus in meetings, workshops, & one to one interactions.
- Willingness to travel as needed (including international travel)
- Willingness to participate in meetings outside of core hours to support global projects & teams.
- 3+ years of experience as a Workday Analyst
- Bachelors degree in Business, Computer Engineering, (or related field) and/or 3+ years experience in People Systems
- Organized, analytical, motivated, resourceful, flexible, & collaborative.
- 2+ years of Workday configuration & troubleshooting with a comprehensive understanding of business process, configuration & security in at least one focus area.
- Ability to collaborate with WeWork & acquired company business stakeholders; Corporate Technology tech support, training, systems engineering, infrastructure, information security, audiovisual, & project management teams; & vendors.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies & changing business requirements
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products.
- Ability to partner with software & service vendors / engineers to identify course of resolutions.
- Attention to detail focused on the finer details that make the difference.
- Delivery focused, pragmatic, & driven to get practical solutions live.
- A self-starter with a proactive attitude who seeks out opportunities for yourself & your team; strong work ethic.
- Positive attitude generating enthusiasm among team members.
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills.
- In-depth understanding of iterative software development methodologies & software development life cycle.
- Understanding of iterative & incremental Service delivery.
- Strong Excel, Microsoft Project, & PowerPoint Skills