Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about marketing products that millions of developers will love.
We are looking for a motivated, creative, & results-oriented self-starter to join our Product Marketing team. This is a strategic team within DigitalOcean that owns the messaging & positioning for the entire company, drives the Go-To-Market strategy for all products & also works on accelerating the product usage & revenue.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will have the opportunity to define how we communicate the value of DigitalOcean platform & our various products to startups & small & medium businesses (SMBs) worldwide. You will have a deep understanding of DigitalOceans target customer base & will own the positioning & messaging for the DigitalOcean platform. This role will develop compelling content to help customers understand the value, & drive marketing programs to spread the message globally. You will have a lot of visibility & opportunities for close collaboration with numerous cross functional teams like product management, sales, revenue marketing, brand, developer relations, marketing programs.
What youll be doing:
- Determine the types of business customers & use cases that are best served by DigitalOcean products
- Use your learnings to update the messaging for both - DigitalOcean platform, as well as the individual products
- Continuously test & refine the messaging via web experiments, emails campaigns, customer conversations etc.
- Craft an overall cloud platform narrative that includes best fit business customers & how DigitalOcean uniquely helps them
- Create compelling content for various mediums like product pages, blogs, emails, social media, press releases.
- Be the go to person for all things related to the overall product & platform narrative - whether it is events, keynotes, customer/partner engagements etc.
What Well Expect From You:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, such as computer science, engineering or mathematics. MBA is a plus.
- Experience in technical product marketing or product marketing as a product marketing manager or product manager
- Understanding of the cloud (IaaS & PaaS) landscape & ability to position products uniquely for business use cases
- Research oriented & analytical mindset that uses data to inform both internal stakeholders (all the way to Executives) as well as marketing tactics
- Extraordinary communication skills with track record of navigating complex unstructured cross-functional environments
- Excellent storytelling & writing skills
- Experience marketing to startups & SMBs
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**This position may be located in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!