Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, & grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult & expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware & software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, & more. We're working to find new & better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms-and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square's rapidly growing financing platform, Square Capital, has revolutionized the way businesses & consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals.
Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Capital offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, & repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Capital has extended more than $4.5 billion to over a hundred thousand sellers.
With Square Installments, we're empowering sellers to offer monthly installment plans, so that their customers can access goods & services they value, but can not or do not want to pay in full up front. This makes goods & services more affordable for buyers, & helps small businesses grow with a tool that has been historically reserved for large companies. Our team strives to provide simple, elegant, & reliable financing experiences for small business owners & their customers.
As a frontend software engineer on Square Capital, you will design, build, & own the web applications that power our products. If you love delivering beautiful software that improves the lives of millions of consumers & business owners, we want to work with you!
- Collaborate with engineering, product, & design partners to build web experiences that are clean, pragmatic, & forward-thinking
- Define & develop modern APIs that integrate web & mobile app clients with server backends
- Design fault tolerant web applications that work whether the customer is online, offline, or has poor connectivity
- Build web applications that collect customers' sensitive data, while holding Square to the highest standards for security & compliance
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML & perform BSA/AML duties as required by job function.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience working in modular frontend codebases using modern web frameworks like React, Angular, or EmberJS
- Interest in working full-stack, from developing frontend web applications to implementing business logic & optimizing database transactions
- Passion for building products that are beautiful outside & inside - from their user experience to their robust & elegant design
At Square, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name & preferred method of contact, & we will respond as soon as possible.