BlaBlaCar's vision is to bring fairness, freedom & fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable & friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 80 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale & truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar's ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer long distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, & since 2018 a marketplace bus service too. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car. So we want to fill those seats too!
In 2018, 84 million travelers used BlaBlaCar globally saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one with 87% of members say that carpooling is an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a truly & unique international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo, Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held & founder-led. Our team of 500 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate, & fundamentally mission-driven.
Why join us :
One of BlaBlaCar's key strategic goals is to foster a highly engaged community of users. The Community Relations team at BlaBlaCar is an international, multiple awards-winning team that aims at providing assistance to this community & contributes to the great experience of our users. This ensures our members an enriching & trustworthy experience. The Community Relations team is answering questions & requests in 20 different languages, every day & 7 days a week.
As part of the Trust & Safety Team in Community Relations, you will work on monitoring & controlling the fraudulent activity & dangerous behavior detected across all countries of our platform. Protecting our members from suspicious profiles to enhance trust within the community & our brand as well as improving safety will be your daily mission!
What you will directly contribute to:
The Associate manager of the Trust & Safety Behavior Operations Team will lead & mentor a team of 3 Experts / Specialists. Their goal is to protect & care for the BlaBlaCar community 7 days a week & reach excellent levels of service together.
- Define your team's working schedule & adapt it according to forecast & activity
- Synchronise all organisational aspects with other Trust & Safety managers
- Coach your team regularly to ensure a high level of service quality
- Closely monitor your team's work (quality & efficiency), to give regular feedback to your team members
- Improve efficiency of behavioral detection systems & escalation systems
- Lead process definition & training program for Operations team
- Assist in strategic back office tool development and/or integration
- Report to the Trust & Safety Associate Manager with regular feedback & solutions to improve team efficiency & wellbeing
What you will need to be successful:
- Excellent customer support knowledge & true interest in the field
- 2 years experience researching & detecting behavioral issues and/or fraudulent activities
- Meticulous scheduling & organisation skills
- Prior experience in supervising a team a plus
- Demonstrate great analytical & communication skills
- Deep interest in guiding, helping, motivating & listening to your team members
- Ability to work as a team-player & learn from others while maintaining high team motivation
- Humility & natural leadership skills
- Fluent in English, excellent French, other languages a plus
- Knowledge of gSuite, Tableau, & JIRA a plus
A few practical details about the role :
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ
- Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees:
- The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too.
- A strong Fun & Serious company culture
- An international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices around the world (Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo, Warsaw)
- State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location
- A start-up spirit grounded in agility & teamwork
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth & fast-paced environment
- Weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos, so that we're all up to date with where our product stands
And some other great perks!
- Free carpooling & bus rides to live our value Be The Member.
- BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend every 18 months
- Possibility to work from another BlaBlaOffice abroad for a week once a year (BlaBlaSwap)
What is next:
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume(PDF format) & answer our questions.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team & that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 3 weeks. If your application & profile fit our requirements, we will invite you for a (list the different steps of the process here).
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.