As a Senior Designer we need your expertise to make an impact in a highly strategic & important initiative within the Customer Experience of Walmarts Global eCommerce Division. Specifically, your assignment is to apply your deep knowledge of user experience design (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) to our core shopping experience to deeply empathize with the customer. You will liaise within cross-functional partnerships across Business, Product, & Engineering & dedicate their collective creativity & execution to delivering experiences that bring delight to our customers, meeting them where they are. Ultimately, your passion to serve & a growth mindset will make you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, owning & crafting effective designs from top to bottom to create delightful & effective eCommerce experiences across multiple platforms.
The right fit is someone who is an advanced creative & strategic designer, passionate for building in the eCommerce space, who will jump in & make an immediate impact.
- Think conceptually applying a user-centered approach to requirements & interdependencies to develop engaging interfaces
- Think visually using techniques like storyboards & sketching to communicate interaction design concepts
- Make design decisions based on good judgement, experience, research & data
- Have a real impact at scale through new product launches & incremental improvements that effect billions of our customers everyday
- Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience
What You'll Need
- Bachelors degree & 5+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3+ years as a senior UX designer or equivalent practical experience
- A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements & customer needs.
- Stellar interaction skills (track record of deploying user interface standards & conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
- Stellar visual skill (attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns).
- Excellent grasp of the design thinking & process including Product/Interaction/Visual, with the know- how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, & Zeplin.
- Deep understanding of design principals & industry trends.
- Expert communication & presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate & can advocate design rationale.
- Readily give & receive constructive feedback.
- Expert partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products & improvements to existing features.
- Delivered successful design for responsive web, iOS & Android
- Experience building efficient scalable systems or in eCommerce
- Bachelors in Design, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Mass Communications or related field.