Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
Caspers Retail story began in 2017 with The Casper Wake-Up. Alongside its success, Casper opened 15 pop-up shops across the U.S. After an exciting beginning with Retail, Casper opened its first permanent store in NYC in 2018, & announced the plan to open 200 stores across the country & in Canada. Join the Dream Team as the Casper family continues to grow!
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
Nuts & Bolts:
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products & experiences to help you dream your way to a better life! We are looking for a naturally charismatic leader with exceptional service & sales acumen to be the Associate Store Manager. You will oversee staff & day-to-day operations alongside the Store Manager. You will help benchmark Casper's offline experience by nurturing a customer-centric & consultative sales culture. You are passionate about people management & recognize that getting the best from your teams requires leading by example, active coaching & investing in their development. You have a practical sensibility when it comes to customer journey & excel in data-driven decision making.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Create an engaging customer experience that focuses on building relationships through the connection & relation of our brand & brand values.
- Evangelize the Casper mission of sleep & increase customer awareness.
- Protect & enhance the Casper omni channel customer journey.
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring insights & opportunities to improve brand, product & services are communicated back to the Casper organization.
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding sales plans & increasing Caspers market penetration rate.
- Assume managerial duties in the absence of the manager, including staff scheduling, opening/closing, inventory management, upholding visual brand standards, maintaining safe working conditions & facilities maintenance.
- Recruit, retain & develop a unique talent pool through continuous daily networking & interviewing prospective candidates.
- Develop, coach, & mentor a world class service-minded & high performing team.
- Foster an inspiring environment of engagement & learning, empowering team members to realize their full potential.
- Maintain performance culture of ownership, continuous improvement & goal achievement.
- Implement & supervise ongoing training & feedback with the team.
- Work with the fleet to build out back of house processes & manage continuous improvements.
Our dream candidate has...
- 3+ years minimum experience as a people leader in a retail, sales, customer service or hospitality industry.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record ofattracting, developing, & motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, & leading others through the fast paced environments
- Financial management experience with success in driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, & controlling expense.
- Deep & demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a knack for building consensus via influence.
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment understands the importance of experimentation & iteration.
- Willing to relocate for growth opportunities
- Fluency in Salesforce preferred
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you.We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!