Have you ever wanted to intern inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want an intern who is passionate about helping developers build & deploy real world applications.
DigitalOceans Containers team enables customers to easily build highly scalable creative applications & services on our cloud platform. We serve a passionate developer community that has grown to love our intuitive simple design, easily configurable infrastructure, & intuitive tutorials helping craft & run their software in the cloud. The team also serves the internal engineering team by providing an interface layer in order to provide a seamless Kubernetes experience.
As an engineer on the DigitalOcean Containers team, you will be responsible for continuing to building out the DigitalOcean Kubernetes platform & internal tools that enable DigitalOcean Engineers to utilize the internal Kubernetes platform more easily. Youll be a member of a team building an ecosystem of solutions with trusted partners to enable developers to design, build, deploy, & scale their ideas.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Develop a Web UI that provides DigitalOcean engineers a single pane of glass dashboard to see the status of their applications running on the internal Kubernetes platform & run necessary operations on them.
- Develop services in Go taking into account testing, CI/CD, logging, monitoring, & alerting.
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes.
- Experience with Golang and data stores such as MySQL.
- Passion & experience in developing a full-stack application
- Passion & experience shipping well-engineered & tested code.
- Exceptional programming skills.
- Strong analytical & organizational skills.
- A strong interest & obsession with building quality software focused on enabling developers to iterate on their ideas.
- Genuine interest in DigitalOcean as a company & excitement to use our products in your projects (if you havent already!)
Why Youll Like Being An Intern At DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to be an intern here, & we promise youll get even better.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, our intern program will be held remotely this summer.