Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to build thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
To continue to help these tight-knit communities grow -- & to help new ones form -- we are rapidly growing our teams to maximize Meetup's impact on lives. We're ready to reshape & rebuild Meetup for the mobile, global future, & to craft experiences that echo the genuine feeling of going to a meetup in real life.
Today, our apps allow over 5M members to discover phenomenal Meetup groups & events, while also helping organizers access their community on the go. We're looking for engineers to work in our mobile team & own the APIs that power our apps. Engineers at Meetup lead by example -- they demonstrate an ability to solve complex problems, mentor their teammates, & build products & experiences that delight our members & organizers all around the world.
You're our ideal team member if you:
- Have 5+ years' building product for web and/or mobile & experience building APIs.
- Are able to own a problem & solution from beginning to end.
- Love writing quality code driven by tests, & leaving the code base better than how you found it.
- Want to work across the whole stack & directly with our team of Android & iOS engineers.
- Are encouraged by collaboration & excited to work with an eclectic team of product managers, designers, & engineers to solve open-ended problems & roadmap solutions.
- Have successfully mentored engineers in your team.
- Are happy experimenting & crafting new products in an ever-changing environment.
Our APIs are written in NodeJS, Java & Scala, & currently, we build new endpoints as Lambdas on AWS. Knowledge of these technologies isn't necessary, as long as you are driven & motivated to learn.
Learn more about Meetup's engineering principles: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, & passionate about empowering people to come together & create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & building diverse, dynamic teams in a safe & inclusive environment. You in?