Maven is the virtual clinic dedicated to womens & family health. Named one of Fast Companys 10 Most Innovative Healthcare Companies in 2018, Mavens leading family benefits platform both advances women in the workplace & empowers every pathway to parenthood, making it easier for parents to start andgrow a family during a critical time in their careers. Maven was founded in 2014, operates the largest proprietary womens & family health telehealth network in the country, & has raised $42m in capital from top investors including Sequoia & Oak HC/FT.
Maven is looking for a user researcher to join their product & design team. Applicants should have a solid background in conducting user research & generating actionable insights to drive our product development process forward. They should have a passion for developing a deep understanding of users by owning the range of research needs we haveUX testing & interviews, persona development, voice of the customer programs, etc.
On an average day you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners & stakeholders to identify & prioritize user problems & business needs to research.
- Lead & conduct user research to identify problems & hypothesis to design & build for.
- Identify key gaps in our existing product & future ways we should evolve our offerings.
- Share insights & learnings across the organization to keep stakeholders & impacted teams up to speed on how our experience is/is not meeting user needs.
- Work alongside design & product teammates to validate assumptions made in our design work.
- Build our database of research insights & artifacts to drive product decision making & prioritization.
- Thoughtfully balance all aspects of Mavens growing business by considering engagement, sales, & all user needs when contributing to product strategy & developing user-centered practices to incorporate into company operations.
- Be a champion of research & help encourage & inspire a culture of user-centered decision making around the organization.
- Identify real-world customer problems to influence health outcomes & support women & families through critical life transitions.
- 3-5 years of user research experience
- Exceptional ability to translate research into actionable insights
- Mastery of relevant research tools & methodologies (competitive analysis, data gathering, interviews, UX testing, etc)
- Has a keen ability to empathize with & understand the unique perspective of our many audiences
- Ability to create insights that take into account multiple user perspectives (patients, providers, care team, HR buyers)
- Is able to easily create research plans that address gaps in knowledge & will help us drive better business decisions
- Has deep research experience demonstrated through a portfolio of multiple case studies
- Strong communication, presentation & collaboration skills
- Ability to adapt plans to support the rapidly evolving needs of a growing startup
- Passionate about womens health
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health & well-being of women & their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission & reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. Thats why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- Dental & Vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Access to the Maven platform service & free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- Citi Bike & ClassPass discounts
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation time off
- Parental & other leave
- Sponsored learning & development programs
- Annual personal hobby stipend
- Weekly team lunches & bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks & regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- Newly designed NYC office in the heart of Tribeca
- Ongoing special days, such as designated bring your child & bring your canine to work days!
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.