About This Position
The Product Manager will play a key role in delivering superior next-generation engagement products within the Ellevest experience. Candidates must have a passion for community, mobile apps, analytics & most importantly delighting our clients on a regular basis.
The PM will support new product launches from the initial discovery phase through the final delivery phase in an innovative & flexible way. The candidate must have experience engaging a community, working on iOS & Android apps, & running an agile product development team.
- Be the subject matter expert when it comes to engaging the Ellevest community.
- Drive the entire product lifecycle from conception, to requirements gathering & user stories, to design & development, to QA testing, to launch & ongoing optimization.
- Build & maintain a product roadmap that focuses on engagement & getting the Ellevest community to interact with the product on a regular basis.
- Integrate user research, market analysis & customer service feedback into product requirements to ensure were delivering the most impactful experience.
- Own & groom the product backlog, keeping the business KPIs & objectives in mind.
- Support product releases by:
- Understanding, analyzing & testing the user experience
- Prioritizing user stories & use cases on the product backlog
- Collaborating with engineering & product design to determine the best solution that meets the user needs
- QA testing the product
- Coordinating with internal stakeholders as necessary
- Analyzing & optimizing product features after launch
- Drive reporting & analytics to support the companys KPIs & to determine the success of product launches
- Coordinate with the Chief Product Officer, product managers, & stakeholders to ensure that the experience is cohesive throughout
- Work closely with the marketing team to drive adoption & utilization of new product offerings
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years experience working on consumer driven products; experience developing & launching mobile app solutions; experience with community
- Ability to show success by having launched great products that are currently in the market
- Keen ability to understand & articulate priorities & make the right trade-offs when necessary
- Collaborative, nimble & flexible, with a knack for building trust & influencing others
- An ability to work independently, while juggling multiple priorities, all with a drive to excel
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational & time management skills
- A strong commitment to company values & the Ellevest brand
- Adapt to a fast-paced & dynamic work environment. This includes working independently & on a team.
- Passion for getting more money in the hands of women
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney & Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, & author of Own It: The Power of Women at Work. Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, & Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, & retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a womans longer lifespan & different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevests unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, & operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team & working environment where individuals can succeed professionally & personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, & to have room for fun & fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent & teamwork, & team is the most important thing to us.
In 2018, Ellevest was awarded the #14 spot on LinkedIns list of most sought-after startups, as well as a spot on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list -- identifying start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech & business shifts. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Ideas, & CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrows household names. We are working every day to make this a reality, & create a brand & a service that closes the female money gap.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.