At Warby Parker, weve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, & do good in the worldand now were searching for a motivated Principal Data Engineer to help us continue our mission. In this role, youll play a key part in building, scaling, & maintaining our operational & analytical reporting processes & infrastructure. As a member of the Data Engineering team, your efforts to collect, organize, & share data will impact nearly every employee & will be highly visible across the organization. Sound cool? Keep reading!
What you'll do:
- Design, implement, test, & scale tools, systems, & processes to support a BigQuery-based data warehouse
- Build custom data integrations to support bulk & streaming data needs across the organization
- Apply dimensional data modeling techniques & own reporting initiatives from inception to delivery
- Work collaboratively with a Product Manager, Engineering Manager, & other Engineers to solve complex data problems in an Agile environment
- Coach & mentor fellow data engineers & colleagues across the Technology department
Whats crucial for your success:
- The ability to be a kind, empathetic listener & a proactive, effective communicator
- 6+ years of software engineering experience with reporting systems, data pipelines, & other data-intensive applications
- A CS/STEM degree or comparable skills & experience
- Experience writing, testing, & deploying code in a collaborative environment
- That you are not on the Office of Inspector Generals List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels & designing our frames in-house, were able to offer top-quality glasses & sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.