Who We Are
DoubleVerify is a leading software platform for digital media measurement, data & analytics. DVs mission is to be the definitive source of transparency & data-driven insights into the quality & effectiveness of digital advertising for the worlds largest brands, publishers & digital ad platforms. DVs technology platform provides advertisers with consistent & unbiased data & analytics that can be used to optimize the quality & return on their digital ad investments. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital advertising ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
The VP, Business Intelligence will play a critical, cross-functional role for DoubleVerify. The position will build, from the ground up, the strategy, a dedicated team, a technology solution, & the supporting operational practices necessary to capture data from a variety of internal operational sources & turn it into meaningful insights for a fast-growing organization. You will provide this service across departments, eliminating silos of operational reporting, while integrating them into a centralized, unified & coherent data set to enable data-driven decisions across business lines. This leader should have a strong quantitative & business background with previous experience in building, growing, & leading a team of Business Intelligence analysts. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a bias for action & results, & is a capable communicator to business stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is data-driven with experience in online advertising & a track record of building business intelligence organizations & systems.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop a centralized Business Intelligence strategy, drawing input from key constituencies & identifying the sources of data available across the organization.
- Build the initial Operational Business Intelligence team by defining the roles, recruiting the team, building contractor relationships, & leading them to execute the agreed-upon strategy.
- Lead the effort to architect, build & maintain business intelligence technology to deliver insights that aid all employees, departments & the company while ensuring data consistency & transparency.
- Drive the implementation of data governance & data security related processes over sensitive financial & customer data.
- Partner with all internal DoubleVerify teams to understand their specific requirements for business intelligence & analysis, build efficient & scalable data pipelines to enable data-driven decisions across departments.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant data science, Business Intelligence or data analytics experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of management & leadership experience.
- Experience designing & building operational KPI dashboards for various internal constituents - direct experience with modern visualization software (Tableau highly preferred.)
- Experience in, & understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, predictive analytics, etc).
- Experience with agile software development, leveraging internal as well as outsourced development teams.
- Experience in online advertising metrics, systems & ecosystems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage & influence a broad range of individuals across various complex businesses & key support functions.
- Attention to detail with logical thought process, to assimilate fragmented facts into a detailed problem statement.
- Ability to learn new concepts, systems, processes & initiatives.
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills.
- Masters degree in Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or related fields.
- Extensive experience with big data structures, data warehousing & ETL, BI technologies, insights & visualization software.
- Extensive experience interacting with C-level executives.
- Experience managing cross-department BI projects & teams.