BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Social Media Video fellow to join our team. You will work on social video strategy, & have a hand in video publishing on all social platforms. This Fellowship is part of a year-long program. Fellows work 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday. This role can be based in either NY or LA.
- Assist with Tastys video publishing strategy across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, & TikTok.
- Help with promoting Tastys Shoppable Recipes product across our social channels.
- Engage with the BuzzFeed community across platforms.
- Embed with Tastys video teams & help them set up their content for success on various social platforms.
- Communicate & brainstorm with content creators & video creators to achieve goals & meet deadlines, analyzing & reporting on social performance, trends, & new opportunities.
- Help maintain the cheery & collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude & obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending & talking about on the internet
- 1-2 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
- An interest in food & cooking content
- Social media reporting experience & data analysis skills
- An understanding of social video & how to optimize it for different platforms.
- Preferably experience with lightweight video editing/knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- An understanding of virality & the media landscape
- Be a self-motivated person who isn't afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves
- Understand Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., & why content on those platforms became popular
- Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
- A genuine love for & excitement about the internet
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.