Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Tech Ops team. We believe in maximizing the potential of our engineers by providing them with tools & systems that help reduce the time & effort to build & ship code. The role of the SRE will be to build & maintain a secure & stable platform as well as be an advocate for best practices for monitoring & systems architecture to the rest of our engineering team.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
- Build tools & systems to efficiently provision, deploy, & configure an increasing amount of applications.
- Provide expertise on monitoring & build a resilient application infrastructure to alert teams of SLA violations & issues.
- Spread your knowledge of operations & systems to help engineering teams own & operate solutions independently.
- Lead engineers in issue identification, remediation, & analysis so teams can effectively triage & prevent future occurrences.
Our dream candidate is...
- Taking the initiative to find solutions to gaps in deployment & operational systems.
- Loves to educate others & welcomes opportunities to learn new solutions & ideas.
- Understands the merits & tradeoffs of different solutions to a problem & readily shares
opinions on each.
- Demonstrates the ability to collect & provide useful metrics across the full stack.
- Can clarify ambiguity & tailor communication to audience.
The syrup on your waffles
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy & fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you! And Summer Fridays.
- Paid 5 week sabbatical after you have been with Casper family 5 years.
- Generous Parental Leave.
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you.We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!