VaynerMedia is a global creative & media agency built for the now. Born in social our work is now full service, simply loving big ideas that connect & create real change for our clients business. We are independently owned, founded in 2009 with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Sydney & Mexico City. And were not too bad at what we do, with our work winning in Cannes Lions, the Clios, D&AD & The Webbies to name a few.
Here in London we have huge ambitions. Weve doubled in size over the last year & broadened both our client list & the kind of work were doing for them. Our roots are in social & we love it - its where we get to understand different audiences, to experiment, to gain insight & to see how people really engage & respond to ideas.
We are creative & media in equal measure because both are equally important in developing effective communications. A lot of our work in-house (with our own production, edit & motion teams) because execution is key to effectiveness. We believe 100% that brands can be built on digital platforms & part of our model is built bottom up, flipping the traditional advertising model & process on its head. We dont play to agency/industry norms & our culture & energy reflects that.
We have an incredible client list producing work across the UK, EMEA & Globally, including TikTok, Tinder & Durex with even more big Global brands joining the Vayner family in 2022.
Our ideas live & breathe in organic & paid social but also fully integrated campaigns including TVCs, radio, press, OOH (you name it were there). Our difference? We learn fast - from what we see & how our audiences really act, alongside cultural cues to create our integrated campaigns.
Infused with the DNA of our founder, we pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit. Being an independent agency affords us the freedom to be bold & stray from convention. It also allows us to pivot quickly, which is key to succeeding in an ever-changing market. The same way Gary was one of the early YouTube influencers, VaynerMedia has been the forerunner in many opportunities, serving as alpha/beta launch partners with platforms from Facebook & YouTube to TikTok & Snapchat.
But ultimately we are people people. We are skills first rather than where you studied & who you know. Were here to change advertising so we thrive on free-thinkers with big ambitions.
Sound like you?
This exciting role is your first step into agency life. Were looking for an enthusiastic lover of all things social, especially TikTok, someone who is already on multiple platforms & who is passionate about the role social can play in building brands & connecting to audiences in an authentic way. This isnt a role for people who like to take 6 months to develop one piece of creative. This is an always on role that moves daily & will put you at the epicenter of culture.
Your main day to day client is one of the agencys founding clients. This growing banking brand wants to change the world of business banking & are highly ambitious re the next chapter in their brand journey. Your role will see you working closely with your Account Manager, Senior Influencer Manager & Account Director & also other agency disciplines such as strategy, creative production & project management to deliver on the account goals.
As an Account Executive you will help support the wider team in the daily management & relationship building between the client & the agency. You are responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the account for the agency, developing effective working relationships with key client contacts. This is not a role for someone who likes to take a back seat in life as you will be at the front of this account getting involved with solving problems, pushing best practice, attending meetings, drafting internal & external comms & keeping a track of the progress of all projects across the agency.
We are incredibly proud of what weve achieved over the past year as a team, & are looking for a creatively brave Account Executive to help support the team on this exciting client win.
- Supporting the account team in the development & preparation of presentations, performance reviews & reports for the clients.
- A brand guardian - helping to keep the team updated re whats going on in your clients world, knowing their competitors & keeping your teams up to speed on the latest trends & developments in their sectors.
- Supporting the execution of projects, working closely with your account manager & project director to ensure the team are clear on the tasks at hand, & that client feedback has been addressed & implemented when relevant.
- Helping to proof all work before it goes out, spotting mistakes & flagging to relevant team members any amends that need to be addressed.
- Working closely with your project manager to ensure that all projects are running to plan, owning all internal & external status reports. Being able to communicate in advance to your clients should timelines need to change.
- Taking accurate notes in meetings & circulate in a timely manner to clients with clear actions & next steps outlined.
- Working closely with your Account Manager to make sure all billing & finances are up to date, assisting your project manager on estimating for smaller projects.
- Spot platform opportunities to optimise the work we are doing, feeding in trends to the wider team.
- Collaborating with the wider team across other departments (Strategy, Creative, Production, Project Management, Analytics/Insights, Media) to improve & execute on client deliverables & process.
- The account cheerleader - Evangelising the work you are doing across the agency, keeping everyone informed & excited about the great work the team are doing on TikTok, driving relevant recognition, PR, awards etc
- Keep VaynerMedia values at the core of what you do, that restless energy & desire push boundaries & to do more, but also the ability to muck in with the team.
- Grow relationships, have fun & participate in VaynerMedia social engagement.
Desirable skills & experience:
- A passion & real love for all things social, with an understanding of relevant social media platforms & their requirements.
- A keen interest in the world of marketing & a passion for creativity.
- A problem-solving attitude & approach to your day to day, but know when to ask for help & bring in your Account Manager or Account Director for support.
- The ability to adapt quickly, plan ahead & flag to your team when you see there may be potential sticking points down the line.
- A team player with a client centric focus who possesses the ability to build strong & effective working relationships with your teams & colleagues.
- Organised with a strong attention to detail.
- Effective communicator, both verbally & in writing.
- Able to manage multiple projects, budgets & channels.
- Curious about the clients business & sector.
- Able to deal positively with setbacks.
- Ability to thrive & remain agile in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
How we will support you:
We know talent is our most important asset & our people guide our work & our culture. The last year has challenged us like nothing before, & we are committed to providing the support & flexibility needed for people to do their best work & have fun doing it. We are an open minded bunch & we value diversity of thought & experience. Every person we hire will make us a more creative, innovative & happier agency. You are always welcome to bring an idea or opinion to our work & our ways of working.
For now, these are some of the things we have in place to support you:
- We regularly review our benefits & are committed to providing a comprehensive programme for our people. This currently includes all the good stuff you would expect from Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 27 days holiday through to Group Personal Pension & Income Protection.
- We know some days aren't as good as others & that's OK. We have our mental health partner Sanctus on hand for employee coaching sessions & an Employee Assistance Programme in place should you need it. We also work with NABS, an industry specific support organisation who are passionate about helping people to thrive.
- Sometimes it can be the smaller things that make you smile. We have a wide variety of discounts & benefits through Perkbox & you can save on your commute through Commuter Club or our Cycle To Work Scheme.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members & job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the U.K.