Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) who is passionate about technical operations & engineering efficiencies. This role will lead technical & operational programs across all Business Units within R&D, while collaborating with all other organizations at Twilio that are impacted by these programs.
Twilio is looking for a TPM who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading technical projects or operations. They also have:
- Background in SaaS Development or operations in a distributed systems environment
- Excellent Problem Solving & Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization from engineers to executives
- Exemplary verbal & written communication
- Highly accountable with a demonstrated ability to think strategically
- 5-8 years experience in a technical program management or operational role
- 5+ years experience working with AWS, Google, Azure or other public cloud providers
- BA/BS degree in engineering, computer science or similar degree
As a Technical Program Manager you will live the Twilio Magic values:
BE AN OWNER:
- Lead & manage successful delivery of high impact & highly cross-functional program initiatives
- Coordinate with Product & Engineering teams to drive the execution of large scale & highly dependent technical projects
- Collaborate within R&D & other organizations to evolve & standardize our engineering processes
WRITE IT DOWN:
- Document & instill good practices throughout the organization.
- Establish & drive adoption of program frameworks, tools & best practices.
- Share your program management knowledge with engineering leadership teams.
DRAW THE OWL:
- Contribute to the definition, development & tracking of effective metrics & R&D operational improvements
- Consolidate technical operating metrics & lead a regular review of program metrics & health
- Gather data from BU teams, industry best practice to lead the definition & adoption of best practices that contribute to operational efficiency
- Drive strategic cross-functional planning, leading discovery & prioritization by closely partnering with engineering leads to develop program plans, including roadmap, dependency identifications & resourcing plan.
- Escalate urgent issues appropriately & driving them to closure in a timely manner.
You have an opportunity to deliver top priority programs for R&D & Twilio, & directly impact improvements in efficiency, transparency, & predictability. You will partner with some of the best & brightest individuals to continuously improve the quality of our products while improving our engineering efficiency.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.